Pleasure to meet you guys.

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Pleasure to meet you guys.

Postby Colonel Killing » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Hey,

Is anyone up for an intro 40K game Thursday, 3/7 around 6pm?

I'm new to the 40K game but not to gaming. I met one of you guys the other night and I'm ready to play -er, I mean battle!

I have a painted Space Marine army including:

SM Captian.
Terminator squad (five men)
4 Tactical squads
Rino
Assault squad
Dreadnaught
2 Land Speeders
(My Land Raider is still under construction)

What do you think? Do I have a shot? Anyone want to show a rookie how it's done?

I'd like to come down and meet you guys. All my old game crew moved away before I could have a real 40K match.

...grim darkness...far future...ONLY WAR!
Colonel Killing

Re: Pleasure to meet you guys.

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:07 pm

You can certainly make an army list out of all that, but it's not likely to be something tooled up for competition-style lists. We can help you with that too, further down the line. You're also likely welcome to borrow just about anything you may need - for space marines I can certainly offer you terminators and bikes and rhinos and landspeeders... and no one cares if the land raider is partially assembled or unpainted so long as the model's footprint is finished.

Most of us are in the middle of a Blood Bowl league and playing that, but there's a least a few who don't read the forums much who may be in for a game. Can't really promise you a game since no one's responded, but you should definitely come meet the crew anyway and ya may get lucky. We've had several people expressing an interest in more/starting 40k and the Blood Bowl league is over mid-April.

Also once people know who you are you're more likely to get a response on the forums from the shy ones.
WickerNipple

Postby Brother Suspectus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 am

I have a Grey Knight fluffy non competive army in my locker ready to go if we're short on Blood Bowl players I'd be happy to put up against you Mr. Killing.
Brother Suspectus

Postby Brother Suspectus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:05 pm

Looks like I got that Blood Bowl match. Next time Colonel. Or... If your interested in Blood Bowl I got a rule book for you. Fun n easy n ya get roll dice
Brother Suspectus

Return to Warhammer 40,000