CSM icon question

Moderator: The Gunslinger

CSM icon question

Postby OtherGary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 am

Does anyone have a Chaos Marine codex handy and can look up a rule for me? I want know what the wording for the amount of scatter die rolled for units coming off the CSM icon and if there is specific wording for Daemons of K/N/S/T being able to use the CSM icon. The Daemon Codex icon has wording allowing daemon units to be summoned off of it but it makes no references to daemons with Marks and not the Daemon of... specification, so I'm interpreting that as yes I can use that one for daemon units from both books.

My idea is to zoom up to a choice target with a big unit of Seekers with a Daemon icon and then start deep-striking Slaanesh-marked Obliterators and Warp Talons, as well as other Slaanesh Daemons from that one icon the next turn. The Obliterators shoot things up, Warp Talons blind things and the Seekers just mop up the shot-up blinded remainder in the assault phase. CSM Bikers are a lot more shooty and durable with the FNP icon, but Seekers are a whole lot cheaper in points, so I'm trying to determine which is best.
OtherGary

Re: CSM icon question

Postby OtherGary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Found it, CSM icons apparently do nothing beyond adding to combat resolution and their funky specific god powers, so Daemon Codex icons are better.
OtherGary

Return to Warhammer 40,000