Back from hiatus

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Back from hiatus

Postby gograth » Thu May 23, 2013 1:08 am

ok with keep this in mind and traveling is a bit hard for me low on cash and all being a student
gograth

Postby WickerNipple » Thu May 23, 2013 1:19 am

Yeahyeah, it's fine.

When I say "we're a tournament based organization" I mean we travel to events/tournaments in the area together as a club, and there are certain expectations when you do that. Like having the appropriate models. You don't have to travel to events and such with us, it's a choice.

For normal club play you can toss a big ball of styrofoam on the table and tell us it's a tank and we'll nod and play along. We all completely understand the economics of this game, there's no strict model requirements at all in house.
WickerNipple

Postby gograth » Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 am

Thats great that takes a wight of my back
gograth

Postby Guy In Suit » Thu May 23, 2013 11:28 am

I hear those wights can be a real bother.

2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby GreyDragoon » Thu May 23, 2013 11:51 am

Gograth, considering you're getting back into it you should look at the Summer Escalation League post here on the same forum. Should be 2 or 3 down from this Topic. It would probably the best way for you to build up/test your Orks in the field over the next 3 months AND get fun games in with people expecting to play at the same level. And it even has the painting/Stratagem rules so there's a neat bonus if you can get your forces painted up in time for each month!

By the end of it you'll have a 1250pt army you likely feel very solid with and can build on it from there to get up to any higher point games you'd like to be ready for.

Will look forward to seeing/playing in the coming weeks, get your 500 points of orks together and you can even play while you assemble/paint your new models! Folks tend to have rulebooks on hand for games and the guys have been very good about helping new guys get acclimated to the rules. I had been a 2nd edition Space Marine/Squat player and was having to relearn everything for Tau :)
GreyDragoon

Postby gograth » Thu May 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks i will sign up its funny i have about 4k points of orks un upgraded and all i just dont know how to use them. i already feel accepted and just to jog my memory squats were the dwarfs of 40k right
gograth

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000