Summer Escalation League - 500pt Games Reporting

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Summer Escalation League - 500pt Games Reporting

Postby elrodogg » Thu May 30, 2013 11:49 pm

With such a large number of people signed up to play in the league, I would like for participants to post their results in this thread. Only 1 post per game, it is the winner's job to report the results.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Re: Summer Escalation League - 500pt Games Reporting

Postby gograth » Fri May 31, 2013 1:28 am

Gograth won against brother Suspectus, who tried to save three downed Raver Jetbike pilots who were scouting the area. Many lives were lost on both sides, but in the end the Orks captured the pilots, who they promptly killed and stripped of useful gadgets and stuff for the Big Mek to use in one of his creations.
gograth

Postby thevomitorium » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:40 pm

5/30/13 Game: Dave R and I had the first of many all-Dave battles. The Daemons prevailed over the Dark Angels, mostly because the warp storm turned Dave R's librarian into a Herald of Khorne (who was promptly gunned down), it was uphill from there. 3-2 killpoints.
Dave Iseri
thevomitorium

Postby Brother Suspectus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Brommer's Dark Eldar Tables Robs GreyKnights. Pain, it's what's for dinner.
Brother Suspectus

Postby GreyDragoon » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:51 am

6/7 Field Report:
On their first trip out from training, Cadre Fireblade leader Max Fightmeister led his green recruits out into the mean streets of hiveworld Manhattan alongside their protector "Rippy the Riptide". Their first encounter were against some great looking Dark Eldar fielded by Dooms33ker, which were shot to pieces as they bunkered up in ruins and attempted to grab a nearby Tau broadcasting beacon, leading to a tabled result. Next they encountered a series of Chaos Daemons being led by Ancow. Their impressive lineup of Seekers were unfortunately beaten by their most hated historical enemy, the stairs. A single Pink Horror managed a stunning last minute attack into the Firewarriors taking three out before falling to overwatch and thus being tabled. Their last encounter of the day were with the Chaos Daemons of Vomitoreum, whose Herald led a pack of very impressive hounds into a first turn charge on the group before they could properly react. While the hounds were shot down in the charge, they had done their job and the Herald waded into combat and incapacitated Max Fightmeister and then ran down his recruits before Rippy and an accompanying Broadside were able to bring him down. This nearly led to a draw but the Tau got lucky and the deepstriking flamers who were coming to the aid of the remaining Herald got their coordinates wrong and arrived on the wrong battlefield! Before they were able to make it back the Herald was slain and the Tau held the field although grievously wounded in what would have otherwise been a tie.

Max will be back and ready to go this next week once his wounds have been healed and new recruits found!

Short version:
Win vs Dooms33ker via Tabling
Win vs ancow via Tabling
Win via Vomitoreum via Tabling
Last edited by GreyDragoon on Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyDragoon

Postby dooms33ker » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 am

GreyDragoon wrote: Max will be back and ready to go this next week once his would have been healed and new recruits found!

You can say that again. :orcsslobber:
Max
dooms33ker

Postby elrodogg » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:35 am

Elrodogg's IG beat Gograths' many many many orks
elrodogg

Postby Toranaga » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:54 pm

The dooms33ker Dark Eldar and some aspect warriors from the Toranaga Craftworld decided to have some fun in 'the Danger Room' to do a simulated test of the new Eldar arsenal. The result? Dark Eldar tabled on turn three. Better luck next week Max!
Toranaga

Postby deFl0 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Dirty Unlce Pete's Eldar Tea Bagged Robs GreyKnights. And cleaned him up to the man.

Thoughts on new Eldar:

1. Warlocks - Awesome until you blow your nut and auto die to perils of the warp. (Seriously how are there any warlocks left on craftworlds?)
2. Waveserpent - Actually seems kind of abusive. The tank really is a battle tank. The scatter lasers really make the tank over the top good.
3. Dire avengers - I used 8 of them DEVU. They did what they needed to do. I actually think jumping them out of the wavepserpents is fairly effective use of them.
4. Jetbikes - Mixed reviews. They got chewed up by S5 fire power. I got lucky and made my LD rolls. I ended up useing them at long range with for their s cannons to keep them alive. that said I was a little bold with them, but in general big squads should be avoided without character support. I'm thinking 9 strong with characters 6 strong without.
deFl0

Postby elrodogg » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Don't forget to update this thread as the month progresses. I will be calculating initial results after this week's games are reported, so try to have them in by Sunday end of day. New strategems will be available for certain players based on exceptional results so far (good and/or bad results are still results).
elrodogg

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000