Summer Escalation League 1200pt Game Reporting

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Postby GreyDragoon » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:28 pm

I'm assuming we're posting in the same way we did the 850 pt level. Do one post for your record and edit that post with how you did!

8/1 Games
GreyDragoon v Katurian: 5-0 Win
GreyDragoon v Handicrafted: 7-3 Win

Month Total
2/0/0
GreyDragoon

Postby handicrafted » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:33 pm

Deadhead Space (?Your Face?) Marine Chapter of Dark Angels Space (?Your Face?) Marines Workingman's Dead Librarian Codicer "Casey Jones" reporting from escalation on Strategicus Compleatus in Manhattan Segmentum... Dated 8/1/40,013...
There were two of them! The Tau holding the strongpoint around sector Delta were supported by not one, but two of the gigantic suits of the monsterous-sized constructs we spotted last quarter in zone Alpha. One of the monstrosities seemed to suffer from multiple malfunctions to its power unit (Nova power-signature core detected from orbit?), but this did not stop the two of them from ripping through all of our vehicles with various Xenos-technology weaponry. The WD whirlwind was brutally crushed in hand to hand by the malfunction-prone brute... As nightfall fell only Sgt. Uncle John remained of his entire drop-prodded squad to contest the objective the enemy held among their fortifications. He persevered despite a withering hail of precision overlapping support fire that felled all of the rest of his squad as they charged their line... Uncle John alone felled many a foe in mortal hand to hand combat continuing to fight on as the light faded and the moon rose over sector Delta... Easy Wind squad was the only unit who managed to take and hold their objective. HighTime Rhino= destroyed! Dick's Picks Vol. IX Vindicator= destroyed! WD Whirlwind= crushed by monster suit! Easy Wind Rhino= immobilized. Request targeting/landing status data on MIA WD drop pod with Sgt. Phil Zone's squad in it. We really could have used them in this engagement! End Transmission.

Short version: Deadhead Dark Angels 3-7 loss in Dawn of War Crusade vs. Greydragon's Rippy (&Zippy) Riptide/ Max Fightmeister Tau

Deadhead Space (?Your Face?) Marine Chapter of Dark Angels Space (?Your Face?) Marines Workingman's Dead Librarian Codicer "Casey Jones" reporting from escalation on Strategicus Compleatus in Manhattan Segmentum... Dated 8/8/40,013... Echo sector overrun by Orks. A bellowing behemoth of an Orky Warboss who apparently calls himself GoGo-Wratth has delivered his Waagh-ing horde through the streets of Echo sector... WD Vindicator Commander McMillen has been quoted as saying, "We've been emptying two Vindicators, a squad of Devastators and a couple of Tac squads at 'em all day, but they keep coming... They're relentless!" That about sums it up. No one is giving ground in this firefight! End Transmission.

Short version: Deadhead Dark Angels 1 to 1 draw in Objectives/Vanguard Strike vs. Brett's Waagh! GoGo-Wratth!

That's it for the Escalation League for me! Final overall record 2-3-3. I had a tremendous amount of fun, despite not having as much opportunity to play as much as I would have liked! I got an opportunity to paint some of the stuff that's been sitting on the back-burner for an awful long time as well as play with models I haven't used in a long time that I have had painted but usually don't use (...As I am so often obsessed with my Ravin'thing/Deadthwing models) ... I'd like to say thanks to all my opponents, the guys who thought up and have run this escalation league and any random individuals who've found themselves reading my rather long-winded posts/reports...

I'm off to Europe with my wife & 13 year-old where I hope to use what I have learned this summer to join my Deadhead Dark Angels to my son's newly painted/assembled Tau and kick some (Limey) butt in a few Games Workshops in the UK (Perhaps even getting in a few games in Nottingham, if the wife lets us set foot in the Games Workshop Museum & Store...!)

See you guys in September & thanks again for a great summer of escalation league play!

"...In the Land of the Dark the Ship of the Sun is pulled by The Grateful Dead..."
"...In the Land of the Dark, the Ship of the Sun is pulled by the Grateful Dead..."
handicrafted

Re: Summer Escalation League 1200pt Game Reporting

Postby GreyDragoon » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:07 pm

handicrafted wrote:See you guys in September & thanks again for a great summer of escalation league play!

Was a pleasure Steve, have a great time on the other side of the pond!
GreyDragoon

Return to Warhammer 40,000