Price cut on GW!

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Price cut on GW!

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Gotcha. I figured I should've dug. So is this company in China & doesn't care about getting sued?
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 pm

They care not for your paltry capitalist 'lawsuits'

2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby dooms33ker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:39 pm

The Gunslinger wrote:Gotcha. I figured I should've dug. So is this company in China & doesn't care about getting sued?

Even Apple and Samsung can't successfully sue the multitudes of Chinese bootleggers, never mind a struggling business like Games-Workshop. Chinese copyright law is very lax, as is their interpretation of copyright law beyond its borders. With a lot of hard work and money pumped in the legal department GW could theoretically sue this website and perhaps even have an injunction ordered against them to have the site shut down.

The trouble is, yoymart is one of many websites that is linked to taobao.com, a Chinese eBay of sorts, and one of the premier shopping websites in China. Since GW has very few operations in China there is little leverage GW can level against the online sales giant or the courts short of a very sympathetic judge and probably a very handsome bribe. Best case scenario for GW, the sellers remove the infringing content and call it quits with very little financial consequence.

Even if Yoymart, and all the other taobao re-sellers get shut down, along with taobao itself, that still leaves tens of factories throughout China which need only find a few more distributors to be back in business.

In short, no, they aren't worried about being sued.
Max
dooms33ker

Postby elrodogg » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:24 am

The Gunslinger wrote:So is this company in China & doesn't care about getting sued?

A foreign corporation suing a Chinese company in China? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby ninjajuicer » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:37 pm

I used to work for what is essentially a "Chinese" company that hired many Chinese nationals.

They were great people, but intellectual property was not their concern. They would install improperly licensed software on workstations. They felt no compulsions about walking off with whole DVDs of code.

On the plus side. I'm sure I now have code I wrote in production at 4 additional companies! :x Maybe I should brag about it on LinkedIn?
Accept Any Challenge, No Matter the Odds.

Alex
ninjajuicer

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000