brightlance , star eng.

vyper
brightlance , star eng.

vyper
brightlance , star eng.

10 fire dragons
pike, tank hunters

10 path finders.
Would you rather pew pew pew pew or chic chic BLAM !!! chic chic BLAM !!!!
slann

Re: ruff eldar list what do you think

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:07 am

I assume everything is in waveserpents?
-FarseerVinnie

Postby -Thrax » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:11 am

Seriously, wait like a month! :lol

Off the top though: this list will get shot to pieces before anything gets to hth or shooting range.

What are your dragons doing walking? Same with all those avengers. Cannon fodder. They'll die before they get to shoot.

10 Pathfinders? WAYYYY too much. Do you need that many to cause a few pinning tests?

A lone Seer on a bike? Toast.

30 Harlies? What purpose do you expect all that to serve? If you're planning on a lot of HTH, you should mix it up. Its sounding like they'll be great counter-assault -- I don't know how this many would fare as a pure assault force.

The only long range guns you have here are bright lances. Any force worth their salt will ignore the Vypers for the first 3-4 rounds and shoot up all those troops, since the Lances will kill a small number of things each round. Last two turns the Vypers go. Best case scenario your harlies survive because of the Seer shadow power, but by that point, things won't be going well for the force as a whole.

T
-Thrax

Postby slann » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:37 am

like I said it was ruff , I was going to stuff it all in falcons and wave serpents , but I really want to try and make a maxed out harle list work can a falcon pick up 6 of them or they just cant go in any transport
slann

Postby slann » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:50 am

The list i came up with befor i had the harle idea was ....

farseer
guid , doom , stone

wraith guard
warlock
serpent tooled up

dragons
tankhunters
falcon tooled

dire avengers
storm
serpent ,tooled

dire avengers
storm
serpent ,tooled

dire avengers
storm
serpent ,tooled

vyper

vyper

falcon toole
slann

Postby -veritas117 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:40 am

Don't forget Farseer come with witchblade and ghosthelm as standard.

In the second list the Farseer needs to ride a bike just to keep up to guide stuff, and in doing so will get shot down because he's alone. Eh.
-veritas117

Postby -Voracioustigger » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:07 pm

Veritas -

I wouldn't underestimate the ease of hiding a Farseer on a bike. It really is pretty easy to find something to hide him behind unless you're playing on a very empty table. Sure, he might not always get to guide the Falcon or the squad he wants, but he'll almost always be able to use it (and doom not requiring LoS will ensure that he'll often get to use both abilities).

As for the second list... I'd worry about when your enemies catch onto your strategy. The downfall of a mobile army is the enemy that realizes that (in most missions) you'll have to come for him eventually. This means that when he figures out that he should keep his army bunched up, he'll probably beat you (though I do admit this army will likely roll over many CC armies). I think what you need to counter this is maybe have some sort of CC unit to throw into the mix and ruin his lines. Take out a couple units for a turn and that can be enough for your army to whittle away at all the other units.

I had a Saim-Hann army that (though very different) had the basic strategy that I assume you'd use with this army, and yes, it won a LOT of games, but I always felt like my wins were hollow because I really only won about half of my games in which my opponent had played me several times before and understood how to counter me.

Oh well, my ranting is beginning so I'll stop. Now it's time for me to find some time to say hi to people down at the store for once!
-Voracioustigger

Postby slann » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:03 am

The second list the farseer is on a bike forgot to add it. I also agree that its not that hard to hide a jetbike I have done it with other stuff a bunch of times. maybe a second farseer will up the guid range a bit as well.
slann

Return to Warhammer 40,000