Last Minute Dawn of War teasers!

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Last Minute Dawn of War teasers!

Postby -Thrax » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 pm

First item: a video featuring Eldar Harlequins! I hadn't heard that they were going to be in the game. Obviously the work of some collusion with GW people!

Link here -- it's video 13.

Second item: teaser info on Marines, Guard, Chaos. The models are sweeeet!

Link here -- also check out Eldar, Necron info.

T.
-Thrax

Re: Last Minute Dawn of War teasers!

Postby -Thrax » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:36 pm

Gamespy out-of-the-box preview:

Link here.

Also, screenshots of the turn-based "map" function.

T
-Thrax

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 pm

Damn company firewall. :(
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -veritas117 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:46 am

I got it today, and I'm loving it.

Scarabs. Can have up to 4 units, each with 15 members, consisting of 3 scarabs each. Targets just melt...methinks they're gonna be broken in multiplayer.
-veritas117

Postby -Thrax » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:26 pm

Well, Gamespot loved it!

www.gamespot.com/pc/strat...eview.html

T.
-Thrax

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:51 am

I went to 3 different stores.. a best buy, staples, and circuit city. None had it. Best Buy's coputer system said they had it in stock, but nobody could find it. :( :( :(

And I have off from work! Waaaaaaaaaa... :( :( :( :(

(This means I'll have to pick it up tomorrow and won't be able to play it till Friday. So sad. :( :( :( )
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby warmongerclub » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:52 am

Go to a Game Spot
warmongerclub

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:24 am

I was off from work today, so I was away from the 3 dedicated game stores and 4 other stores with massive software inventory. :( Waaaaaaa....

Tomorrow. :) (I'm NEVER going to get those Elves done.) :lol
VectorAWX3

Postby Slyde » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:58 pm

Picked up mine last night. Necrons play very different than the other races, and evidently its not easily apparent when you are drunk.
Slyde

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:03 pm

Alright.. so I got mine. Not bad, but not earthshattering. Necrons and Tau seem to be very one-dimensional compared to the other races, though I have limited gameplay with both, obviously.

My take:

Necrons--If you can hold the enemy off long enough, you win. The monolith is RIDICULOUS. And your units cost practically nothing. (some of them cost literally nothing) Scarab swarms are disgusting. They tear shit up, spawn super-quick, and cost NOTHING!!!! Just have the rebuild button on overwatch, and you're good to go. Their Achilles' heel for the army is its speed. Pathetic. But they're fun in their own way. The graphics for their guns are awesome! Green arced lightning? Yes please!

Tau are the other side of the spectrum. They come out of the gate lightning fast. Just build a couple of units, move them to the other guy's base, and he can't build or produce anything because it all DIES super-quickly to their shooting. They're like hyperactive children on crack who have just had glucose injections. I never get vehicles out, because at that point, the game is over! They certainly kick the crap out of necrons in the skirmishes I've played (on insane).

Unfortunately, the campaign only lets you play on easy/medium/hard. There's no "insane" setting. It's alright, though. I like the fact that different maps have different missions associated with them.

Good deal! I like it for $30.
VectorAWX3

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000