Last Minute Dawn of War teasers!

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Last Minute Dawn of War teasers!

Postby -Thrax » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:17 pm

From Gamespy:

Quote:
The biggest additions to the game have been more subtle. Dark Crusade has instituted hard caps on the amount of elite units a player can field. The Space Marines, for example, can only have one team of Terminators or their high-end Whirlwind tank out at a time. The stealth mechanic has also been redone. Stealth is no longer a trigger effect. Instead stealth is now a passive effect that can only be detected by turrets and certain low-level units. The effect of this has been profound and generally positive on the multiplayer experience. Players can no longer win by spamming the battlefield with five or six high-end units, and lower-tier infantry that can detect stealth units become not only viable, but necessary. That's forced players to actually think about using real combined arms tactics in multiplayer and contributed to more games decided by genuine strategy and skill rather than just who can spec out the proper build order. All these changes, new races and new units should be welcome news to Dawn of War fans and help revitalize the multiplayer scene.

This, for me, is a HUGE deal. I'm very happy about this change. It will really do wonders for the multiplayer. Excellent news.

T
-Thrax

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:09 am

Yeah.. good stuff. I'll have to see how it affects guard. No more armies consisting of nothing but russes and ksarkin? :lol Oh well.

But have you seen what 5 or 6 fire-warrior squads can do? :x

Anyway, we'll have to get some multi-player fun going. I can't for the life of me remember what my multi-player password is, so I'll have to start with a fresh username. 8)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Thrax » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:24 am

I haven't picked up the game yet. Soon, though! And when it happens, I agree: multiplayer! :evil

T
-Thrax

Postby -veritas117 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:10 am

mmm...heavy weapons teams deal out up to 352 ranged damage. DAKKA!
-veritas117

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000