1850 Tau List Test:

Moderator: The Gunslinger

1850 Tau List Test:

Postby Ancow » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:02 am

Ronen: Your Tau-Fu is no match for my Tau-Lin Style!

HQ:

Shas'o, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator, Hard-Wired Multi Tracker.

2 x Shas'vre, Missile Pod/Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hardwired Multi Tracker

Elites: 6 Stealth Suits, Targeting Arrays, 2 Fusion Blasters

Troops: 3 x 12 Firewarriors inna Devilfish with Disruption Pods and one seeker missile a piece

Fast attack:

2 x 1 Pirahnas, Fusion Blasters, Targeting arrays, two missiles

1 x 8 path finders with markerlights

Heavy Support:

Ionhead with two burst cannons and a multi tracker, 2 missiles

2 x 1 Broadsides with stabilizing System and Railguns

Hows it look? I'd really like to squeeze another troops choice in there but I'm not sure how I would do so. Contemplating trying this out
Ancow

Re: 1850 Tau List Test:

Postby Slyde » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:34 am

HQ:

Shas'o, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator, Hard-Wired Multi Tracker.

-shaso O's are a waste of points when an 'el can shoot as well with a targetting array. Its an IC, so the shield generator is also a waste, just keep it from being shot.

2 x Shas'vre, Missile Pod/Plasma Rifle, Targeting Array, Hardwired Multi Tracker

-put these as elites and you have 2 scoring units that can jump-shoot-jump instead of making your HQ targetable.

Elites: 6 Stealth Suits, Targeting Arrays, 2 Fusion Blasters

-fusion blasters on stealths force you to come inside the defense range of their stealth fields, bad idea in general when there are so many good ways to pop armor in the tau list

Troops: 3 x 12 Firewarriors inna Devilfish with Disruption Pods and one seeker missile a piece

Fast attack:

2 x 1 Pirahnas, Fusion Blasters, Targeting arrays, two missiles

1 x 8 path finders with markerlights

-I assume you just arent mentioning the required devilfish for them?

Heavy Support:

Ionhead with two burst cannons and a multi tracker, 2 missiles

2 x 1 Broadsides with stabilizing System and Railguns

-broadsides NEED shield drones. Those drones are a bargain with a 2+ 4+ save, and keep those braodside from being instakilled by all those las/plas squads.

Anyways, all I said was from experience fighting against them, not with them, so take it as you will. I have been itching for a couple of those Tau megaforces, but I certainly dont need another unpainted army
Slyde

Re: 1850 Tau List Test:

Postby elrodogg » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:29 am

Mostly good, some bad, but mostly good.

cort's right about the sha'o vs. 'el. go with the cheaper and upgrade his BS the old fashioned way (via wargear).

Stealth suits should either be min-sized with fusions, or max with burst cannons. (personally i am more of a fan of the deep striking lone crisis suits w/ TL fusion blasters).

Every devilfish should have smart missile systems. I mean it. Much better than the seeker missiles. You might also want to consider a walking squad or two of fire warriors. They do work wonders. They can also help protect your broadsides.

In fact, get rid of them altogether. You have what, 7 smart missiles. Unless you're going all out with marker lights, I don't like smart missiles.

I fart on your pitiful Tau-Lin.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Return to Warhammer 40,000