Whats the deal with harlequins?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: What's the deal with harlequins?

Postby -veritas117 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:41 am

I do believe they have fleet. But yes, holo-fields/shields/silliness are simply 5+ invul, like a DH refractor field.

Just remember, so long as the shadowseer's alive, on avg they'll be spotted at only 14", usually within their charge range.
-veritas117

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:47 am

Right. So a rhino pulls up, 10 marines jump out about 8 inches away, and they proceed to shoot the living bejeesus out of the entire squad of harlies. (God forbid anyone gets close enough to use a flamer on these poor shmoes.)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby elrodogg » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:54 am

Quote:
So a rhino pulls up

You mean a drop pod right? :lol You really are over the hill Nidal. :b

I guess they aren't so bad. Like all eldar they are easy to kill when have a chance to shoot them. Good thing the tau invented smart missile systems.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:57 am

That's right. I forgot that treads are soooo 2004. :lol

What the Eldar need is a nice open-topped vehicle. Give those harlies the option to climb into that deathtrap in order to move 12, jump 2, fleet 6, and assault 6. Make it a vehicle upgrade for the harlies. Why not?
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:38 am

The old Harlie codex has a Heavy slot open-topped transport for them, but you could only have 6 models plus an IC. Why not just 7 models, I dunno.

With only a unit or two of harlies in a regular army of Eldar, there should be enough threats to shoot at besides just them.

The fusion pistols are useless if you buy H.Kisses for the whole unit. And you should always buy H.Kisses for the whole unit. :D Although, if you count on losing 2-3 to shooting before they get into HTH, then don't buy Hershey Kisses for them
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby -Thrax » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:40 am

Yeah, there's a real tension between the H-Kiss and the Fusion pistol, since anyone worth their salt will be fleeting them, charging them.

As you say: probably better to leave one or two without H-Kisses, as disposable wounds.

T
-Thrax

Postby -BigBossKruug » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:48 pm

Quote:
probably better to leave one or two without H-Kisses, as disposable wounds.

I'd assume you'd have to buy the upgrade for the whole squad. You never had the option of buying plasma grenades for half of a squad of Scorpions (unless I've been reading it wrong all this time).

Also, don't forget that they'll be vulnerable to indirect fire weapons regardless of the Shadowseer.
-BigBossKruug

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:03 pm

They're weapon upgrades, more akin to a pistol than a grenade. I'd wager you can buy just one or two or eight, but who knows.
WickerNipple

Postby subversive » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:49 pm

Seems like the shadowseer will be pretty much a mandatory upgrade if you want any hope of them seeing combat
subversive

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:40 pm

i'm almost certain you can upgrade only a portion of the squad.

Shadowseer is mandatory if you want to be aggressive with them, otherwise they'll probably stay hidden most of the game waiting to countercharge.

Seems like this unit may not be the right one to get aggressive with. I'd rather do that with falcons, scorpions, shining spears or something else that's either faster or harder to kill.

Honestly though we'll just have to wait and see what the nitty gritty details of the unit looks like before we can really tell whether or not it's usable for more than one thing.
-FarseerVinnie

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000