Eldar Avatar...

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Eldar Avatar...

Postby Jeramakus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:24 pm

Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Re: Eldar Avatar...

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:40 pm

Now that's a model!
WickerNipple

Postby -BigBossKruug » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:05 pm

They took my suggestion!

Last time I ordered something from Forge World I put Eldar Avatar in the "What model would you most like us to make?" box.

Actually it wasn't very long ago so they'd probably already planned it by then. But still, I think I probably have to buy one.
-BigBossKruug

Postby savaughn » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:58 am

I like it! :D
savaughn

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:05 am

FW > GW
-FarseerVinnie

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:10 am

Great model, but the only thing I can critique is that his ass is showing. :rollin How can I not laugh at that in the middle of a game?

Figures. Jim was right. Freakin' panzy elves with their asses showing!

:rollin :rollin :rollin
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby savaughn » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:31 am

Uhm, you do realize that's just his armor right? The thing is a giant eldar wearing a highly runed guardian armor suit where the armor is cracking open to reveal the liquid inferno that has consumed the previous inhabitant (ex-Exarch) that was consumed during the summoning ritual.

I'll bet you stare at the butts on the storm troopers as they run around in Star Wars, too... :b
savaughn

Postby The Gunslinger » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:54 am

Quote:
I'll bet you stare at the butts on the storm troopers as they run around in Star Wars, too...
Jeremy, you bitch! I told you NOT to tell anybody! :p

I just looked at it again. The should pads, the bracers, the shin guards ... THAT'S armor. His lower torso, hips, & thighs ... THAT'S naked & scary. :lol ;)

Don't get me wrong. I think the model is great
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby savaughn » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:52 pm

But... take a look at the rune on his boot. Then look up the model and you'll notice that same rune work on his thigh, hip, etc. It's a form fitting suit to be sure, but I'm pretty sure that's intended to be a suit all the way up. Fortunately, unlike the batsuit, this one comes without nipples. You could certainly bring it out that way with the paint job, although you could paint it as mosty naked too.

I don't think I'd go with the naked painting tho. I mean, it kind of suggests you have an avatar who got up, put on boots and gloves and forgot to put on pants. That's the kind of thing your opponent is likely to notice and tease you about.

"OK, Bob the absent minded Avatar rampages forward 6" as he continues his search for pants with a 216" inseam..."
savaughn

Postby warmongerclub » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:35 pm

I'm not saying this just to be contrary, but I really do not like it at all. Good concepts in there, the molten crust look, but no, do not like the execution at all. Stiff, goofy, ridiculous. 3 out of 10 for me.
warmongerclub

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000