Eldar Avatar...

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Eldar Avatar...

Postby VectorAWX3 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm with Jim. It stands just a bit too tall. It needs more motion.

And it's obviously his ass showing. So what? The guy is living lava. If someone asks you "is your model's ass showing?" then turn it around and ask him "are you always staring at men's asses?"
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Jarrett » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:59 pm

nuts! that thing is badass
-Jarrett

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:12 am

Agreed. Besides, doesn't Jim hate everything Eldar anyways? Grain of salt! Grain of salt! ;)

T.
-Thrax

Postby deFl0 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:43 am

I hear you barking big dog. I really like the concept, but I think the pose is fairly boring, and why no blood off the hand of the bloddy handed god???

Also, as been mentioned before, the model is much better from the waist up. I'll reserve judgement till the new GW one comes out.

Pete
deFl0

Postby Slyde » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:23 am

That model could have benefitted a lot from a running pose. He looks like a ballet dancer striking a pose when viewed from the back. Also, I second the strange lack of blood on the hand. It should be running down his arm and dripping from his elbow.
Slyde

Postby savaughn » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:33 am

Uhm... what? Exactly how big do you think a drop of blood is? It can't even be SEEN at this scale. The current model has big ol' blobs of crap hanging off his fingertips that are can't possibly be blood since in scale they're about a 8" across! Maybe they're water balloons filled with blood and tied to his finger tips...

A real drop of blood is less than 0.005" across in scale. Blood is a painting opportunity, not a modeling opportunity.
savaughn

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:13 am

Indeed. Besides, with blood being modeled on the mini -- which I personally think would look terrible if it were actually part of the mold -- people would then complain that it looked like snot, or goop. "It's too thin", or, "there's too much of it". *Yawn.* :rolleyes

And..."running"? The God of War does not "run". He can pretty well godamn walk at whatever pace he wants! :smokin Besides, he's not "fleet" like the rest of the army -- he slowly marches and whenever he gets to what he wants to kill it dies.

T
-Thrax

Postby -the black prince » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:12 pm

Quote:
He looks like a ballet dancer striking a pose when viewed from the back.

i'm less au fait with male ballet dancers....:lol but this guy needs a bit more motion. . Legs up he is great - great face - but the legs look like a man going for a stroll across the battlefield. I don't want my avatar going for a stroll - i want him ripping people apart, and looking like he's eager.
-the black prince

Postby -veritas117 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:19 pm

To me they grabbed the pose from DoW, at least when he's walking. A better one might have been when he's in a combat stance. Still...this one is far better than the current. I thought GW wasn't making a new one?
-veritas117

Postby deFl0 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 pm

"And..."running"? The God of War does not "run". He can pretty well godamn walk at whatever pace he wants! :smokin Besides, he's not "fleet" like the rest of the army -- he slowly marches and whenever he gets to what he wants to kill it dies."

And this is why he basically won't be used... They really should have given him fleet. You'll see him hidding behind a group of trees and making a large group of shooting troops fearless.

Pete
deFl0

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000