Eldar Avatar...

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Eldar Avatar...

Postby -Thrax » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:00 am

That much is true. Unless there's some new, crazy method of deployment -- webway portals or something akin to USF portals. Which would then get called broken.

But maybe the making of the shooty troops fearless isn't such a bad thing. God knows, he'd be a fantastic counter-charge or guardian for drop pods -- a real anchor.

T
-Thrax

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:53 am

I saw the codex... The avatar is summoned like normal chaos demons... :|
-FarseerVinnie

Postby -Thrax » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:55 am

No fucking way! :eek

Oh, man. Oh. :|

T
-Thrax

Postby -Thrax » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:28 am

Wait...it just sunk in that you saw the codex. What else? WHAT ELSE? DAMNIT MAN, SPEAK!

T
-Thrax

Postby -veritas117 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:47 am

Really? I couldn't find where it said he was summoned. He just starts on the table...:|

Oh the codex is pretty, but eh. It's set up like Fantasy army books, ie with the useful rules not near the unit entry. Apparently they're doing all codices like that from now on. Ton and a half of fluff though.
-veritas117

Postby -the black prince » Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:59 pm

now my brother saw the codex, but all he could remember of interest was that swooping hawks could leave the table voluntarily and then come back on next round.

But i want to know about the wraithguard! :smokin
-the black prince

Postby -Thrax » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:36 pm

I don't care where the rules are located, just that they're THERE!

I'd heard about the Hawks multiple deep strike rule, and I think it's awesome. Good to see that it's confirmed!

T
-Thrax

Postby -veritas117 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:44 am

Next weekend hopefully I'll travel to the bunker and read it over again to let everyone know all the juicy details. All I want to know is where does Warseer get their info as rumors, because it's extremely accurate.

Avatar cannot be wounded by flame or melta weapons. :D
-veritas117

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:34 am

WHAT?!?! When is the codex supposed to be released?! More rules! More rules
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby -veritas117 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:35 am

Haha, fine I'll spill it, so long as I don't get in trouble. This is all I remember:

Pretty much all Eldar are T3, even HQs and the like, unless I didn't notice it.
Release date: Nov. 11

HQ Choices
Avatar - molten body as I said above, 3+ armor, 4+ inv, wailing doom is a fusion gun, all Eldar units with model in 12" are fearless

Autarch - yes standard 3+/4+ as well, can take weapons, has a better stat-line than an Exarch, duh.

Farseer - comes with gear found in rumors, allows purchase of warlocks, Doom power is 24", all to wound or ap rolls can be rerolled

Warlocks - come with standard witch gear

Eldrad - with all his goobers can cast up to 3(!) powers a turn, reduced Str and T to 3, reduced points from 246 to 210, otherwise most things are the same. might not have divination rule

Elites
Striking Scorpions - mandiblasters are just +1 attack instead, scorpion reduced to str 3 but chainsword gives +1 str to 4 anyway, exarch comes with fist, stealth and another power

Look to the eldar rumors for better details than I can give for the rest...I don't remember points either. :|

Troops
Dire Avengers - sweet. 18" shurikats, exarch power allows for double fire (I think) but no shooting next turn as they reload. Still...4 shots each...

Guardians - as rumors

Guardian Jetbikes - max 6 in squad, 22pts each, every 3rd can have shurikannon at +10 pts. Otherwise same.

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders - Surprise assault is different; it allows the unit to deep strike instead of extra attacks.
Vypers - 45pts each, no weapons. Weapons are cheap anyway
Swooping Hawks - Fly high rule: Exarch takes up the squad to drop more grenades etc. Rule is the unit may leave the table in any turn and deep strike on the next, I assume able to drop grenades again as usual. Sunrifle is very much Rng 24", Str 3, Ap6, assault 6.

Heavy support
Wraithlord - reduced to 2 attacks BUT can take up to two heavy weapons, twin-linking them. Str 10. Wraithsight unless psyker is close enough. And the model is f-ing sweet. Two plastic sprues...6 different hands, including a wraithsword that rerolls to hit rolls. And there's the best hand of them all...a pistol grip. Yes, the wraithlord can play with a brightlance like it's a rifle. Wonderful model.

Fire Prism - concentrated: str 9, ap 2, blast. dispersed: str 5, ap 4, large blast. For every other prism within los you may combine. Select one as the firing tank with the rest as support. Each extra adds +1 str and -1 ap, so 3 prisms can have a str 7 ap 2 large blast, that is twin-linked.

D-cannons - same rules as wraithcannon, ie 6 = goodbye. No str or ap value I think. Otherwise G24".

Dark Reapers - Exarch launcher is G36", Str 4 or 5 ap 3, heavy 2 blast, or heavy 3 with fast shot that he comes with. Weeee! One man mortar team!

Phoenix Lords are not "opponents consent" any more, other special character is Prince Yriel, autarch of Iyanden. Eh, didn't read about it.

To get that special bonesinger, here's the one and only deal as presented to us. You must buy a BoM box and any Battleforce or Megaforce or Army box. There is no other way to get it.
-veritas117

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000