New general Rule Book FAQ...

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: New general Rule Book FAQ...

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:21 am

I can't believe you expect them to actually play the game! :lol
WickerNipple

Postby The Gunslinger » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:29 am

Only for battle reports, and that's why you'll see the occasion rule mistake. :eek
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:41 am

OK, I ask again:

You decide to drop pod you BT list. How does the EC get onto the board? I might have missed it (as that happens to me a lot since my mind in this game is so fragmented) but I don't see it really
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby Flavius Infernus » Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:46 am

The last I checked, the rules don't allow the EC to get into a drop pod. If it is true that you can't voluntarily keep units in reserve (and I think it is true), then he has to deploy on the table, even if the rest of your army is in pods.

The one exception would be in some of the special missions in the big black book, which allow HQ units to be placed in reserve voluntarily.
Flavius Infernus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:09 am

so, isn't that stupid?? Yes, of course it is.

Any HQ can't drop pod unless they take a retinue
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -Sgt Dirty Dozen » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:48 am

wow

I saw a 35 page thread debating wether Hit-N-Run works against non-WS Vehicles. I always thought it seemed pretty contrived to do that. Not only did GW toss it out, but they tossed out all of the bits and pieces that could have been used to justify it.

Of course, it should be easier to get away from a tank than a n armed fighter who is trying to kill you.

At any rate, it did clear up a lot of things I wanted answered cleanly. Some of them were already obvious, but I won't complain. I think it's pretty good by GWs standards.
-Sgt Dirty Dozen

Postby mauleed » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:42 pm

Flavius, why would you not be allowed to keep anything you please in reserve for escallation missions?
mauleed

Postby elrodogg » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:20 pm

Quote:
Any HQ can't drop pod unless they take a retinue.

What's wrong with that? It's totally fine game balance wise. Nobody else's HQ's get to start in other units transport options.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby Flavius Infernus » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:43 pm

@Ed: somebody, I don't remember who, on Dakka made a convincing argument that the deployment rules for all the scenarios tell you to deploy all your units.

So if you held a unit in reserve, unless you had a specific rule like escalation that told you to keep them in reserve, you would be breaking the deployment rules for all the 5 basic scenarios at least.
Flavius Infernus

Postby Amazonwarlord » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:56 pm

Ronen ... nothing is wrong I was just clarifing that it's not just the EC. The only problem the EC's situation is it's akin (slightly) to the Tau pathfinder/scout thing.

You can drop your whole army ...except the EC cause he can't get in the drop pod with whatever unit he wants to join while it's on the drop ship and he can't take a retinue so he has to stand on the feild with his master crafted bolter up his ass
Amazonwarlord

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000