DoW: Dark Crusade Demo

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: DoW: Dark Crusade Demo

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:00 am

I was just thinking about allied games... you take an army like Tau, and team it up with Marines.

Now... you play that 2v2 board... Into the Breach.

The tau line up their extended range rifles up against the wall. The marine player jumps over a single land speeder. The tau player will now be able to see past the wall and blast the crap out of the enemy base.

You can do a similar trick with a guard assassin lighting up the enemy. Soooo many abuses. :) The range and firepower on those models is heinous. :evil
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Thrax » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 am

You could also really abuse it with something like teleporting Obliterators. From what it sounds like, the only group that wouldn't team well with Tau would be Eldar -- too much fragility between them. Unless each knew what they were doing, in which case, holy shit, you couldn't catch either of them.

T
-Thrax

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:31 am

Actually, thinking about it, tau don't need ANYBODY for this trick. Their steath suits (ALWAYS infiltrated) can jump. So they jump to the other side and let the rest of the Tau army blast the crap out of the enemy from across an impassable wall. Unfortunatley, marine caps are detectors. I'm not sure which other races get the same deal. But I'm sure that with the standard version of the game, tau will have jump-capable vehicles as well.

One thing I didn't like what that the tau boss gets some kind of railgun. Problem is, he can target an enemy character with it, but characters move around so fast that you'll never click the right sequence of buttons fast enough to really use it. It seems like an OK assassins's weapon, but I don't see the tau as a finesse army. They just obliterate you with mass firepower.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Thrax » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:00 am

Quote:
Their steath suits (ALWAYS infiltrated) can jump.

That is AWESOME! :D Totally makes them useful.

T
-Thrax

Postby -pdogg117 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:08 am

Hey, dont forget about the pathfinders! a basic squad of two is worth the resources just to markerlite an enemy squad: they go down MUCH faster then the already heinous standard rate, and the vision on pathfinders is HUGE!
-pdogg117

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000