Orks in Mega Armor + Vehicles

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Orks in Mega Armor + Vehicles

Postby savaughn » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:23 pm

This time I got Mark, who told me that you always go by the last published rule unless specifically overruled by newer text.

Wait, wait, wait... you are suggesting ... hang, on, I need to follow this.

The Chapter Approved books reprinted the 3rd edition FAQs that you could download from the website. There was absolutely NO new content in CA, it was just reprints from the PDFs from the web site and stuff from White Dwarf. These FAQs have all been replaced with new FAQs from 4th edition.

But... you're arguing that if there is text in the new version that doesn't EXPLICITLY over write the text in the document it replaced... then the old text still applies somehow?

So, stuff not explicitly removed is still valid even if the base document has been replaced?

RAWKIN!!!!!

So by this logic the IG tanks removed in the 4th edition of the codex are still legal ... because it doesn't say anywhere you can't take them!

And, hell, that means I can use the 2nd edition weapon rules for the Eldar Avatar because there the 3rd edition book doesn't actually give rules for them!

Oh, man, I've been playing this game all wrong for YEARS! I'm going to have to go dig out my 2nd edition codexes and see how wrong I've been now...
savaughn

Postby -Thrax » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:29 pm

Quote:
But... you're arguing that if there is text in the new version that doesn't EXPLICITLY over write the text in the document it replaced... then the old text still applies somehow?

In cases where there has been no new codex, yes. Obviously, new codices overwrite old ones. I'm not being a dickhead here, Sav -- making claims that old Eldar codices should be used instead of new ones. Feel free to abuse my claims in that direction if you so desire. Rather, for the sake of common sense -- as well as pity for the abused Orks and DE -- I'm suggesting that for old codices -- ones that predated CA 2004 -- that CA and the FAQs are complementary and cumulative, rather than superseding each other.

But whatever. Be sarcastic if you think it will help your case. :rolleyes

T
-Thrax

Postby savaughn » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:54 pm

The sarcasm was for effect. You're still missing the crux.

The rules clarifications in CA ARE the third edition FAQs.

There's no complimentary or cumulative about it. Those are, word for word, the 3rd edition FAQs and corrections. I still have the PDF's and White Dwarves if you want to compare.

The reason they seem to have so many more rules is mostly because the 3rd edition FAQs were so radically more comprehensive. But nevertheless they are one and the same. Which means you are arguing that the 4th edition FAQs are cumulative with the 3rd edition ones.
savaughn

Postby -The Fabulous Orcboy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:47 am

Technically, guys, GW has never ruled one way or the other on this.

The RoolzBoyz guys are right -- lacking any ruling, it's quite possible that the old CAs are compatible, short of a direct contradiction, with the new FAQs.

Which sort of highlights how stupid GW is being about its "no new FAQ" policies
-The Fabulous Orcboy

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000