New Eldar Pics

Moderator: The Gunslinger

New Eldar Pics

Postby -Thrax » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:03 pm

Some are newer than others, but there hasn't been much activity here on the topic so I thought I'd post a few. Courtesy of Stam from Tau Forums Online:

Farseers and Bonesinger (new)

Death Jester (nice!)

Eldar Megaforce

Saim-Hann Autarch

Biel-Tan Autarch

T.
-Thrax

Re: New Eldar Pics

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:02 am

They're all great, but I'm REALLY digging the fact that they made a harlequin model. MORE, MORE, MORE!!! :D
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby warmongerclub » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:39 am

I like Magna Ra's bell bottoms! :lol how utterly silly!
warmongerclub

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:28 am

I'm personally a huge fan of all the Autarch variants. I'm really curious to see how they package it in sprues. The other one, of course, is the one we've all seen, which is the winged one (which they're calling "Alaitoc Autarch"...apparently just because of the color scheme).

T
-Thrax

Postby -BigBossKruug » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:28 pm

Quote:
I'm really curious to see how they package it in sprues.

I'd assumed they'd be metal. I think the Saim-Hann variant is only available in the mega-force box (which is unfortunate because it's my favourite).
-BigBossKruug

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:07 pm

Don't know why I thought it would be plastic...stupid... :o

Agreed, the Saim-Hann one looks the sweetest. I likely will buy the Megaforce, if only because it looks like there's a lot of new stuff in it.

T
-Thrax

Postby -BigBossKruug » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:11 pm

With the (rumoured) amount of gear Autarches have access to, it would be nice if they did a plastic set with all the components in like the Space Marine Commander. What they shouldn't do (but they've done many times before) is produce one or two metal models that don't cover all of the options available.

Personally, I wish they stop doing metal minis altogether. They aren't any better looking than their new plastic models (in my opinion) and they're much more difficult to work with.
-BigBossKruug

Postby -thx10050 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:15 pm

Trench-coated Jester is pretty sweet, but as Jim said, the bellbottom pants are a bit odd. I like the Biel-Tan Autarch and really like the pointing Farseer with Sining Spear.

But then I'm a big fan of character models pointing in a challenging manner anyways... :lol
-thx10050

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:28 pm

I think the bell-bottoms are partly an issue of perspective -- from certain angles even the lower greaves of the SMurfs look like disco pants.

Agreed on the Autarch possibilities -- the whole thing they're stressing with these guys is their customisability, which could obviously best be facilitated with plastic.

Overall, I'm most excited about the new Avengers. I really really like the sprues, and am strongly considering a force with lots of them in Serpents. (Could this be the advent of a "generalist" Eldar unit? Only time and the codex will tell!) Then again, all these pretty new Saim-Hann colour schemes makes me want to do a force in that as well...mmm...berzerker eldar...

T
-Thrax

Postby elrodogg » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:31 pm

I must be the only one not-impressed with the Autarch. I've seen some versions which lend the possibility of him being a cool model, but am thoroughly un-impressed with any I have seen so far.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000