New Eldar Pics

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: New Eldar Pics

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:35 pm

I think they're great, especially the SH and BT examples, because they're not TOO busy. They look very "martial" without being too flashy. (The Alaitoc one is another story.)

T
-Thrax

Postby savaughn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:43 pm

It's not just you Ronen. The Autarch models scream "squad commander" to me. I mean with some customization, they look like they'd make nice Exarchs.

But "ancient battle warrior who has trodd many paths and is feared by enemies and revered by all" ... I'm just not getting this from that model.

The chaos lords scream "chaos lord" to me. The Autarch says "guardian playing dress up". C'mon, Bob, give the nice Aspect Warrior his hat back...
savaughn

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:46 pm

Sometimes I think you guys just complain for the sake of it!

When new IC models come out for SMurfs, everyone bitches how they're too busy, have too much bling, etc. Now these ones are too spartan, too basic? :lol Has anyone been happy with ANY minis that GW has produced in the last little while? I know the Vespids were bad, but, come on now... :rolleyes

T
-Thrax

Postby elrodogg » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Quote:
Has anyone been happy with ANY minis that GW has produced in the last little while?

Fantasy - I liked the entire pre-skull pass new line of dwarfs put out. Same goes for the non-skull pass greenskins that we've seen so far. I liked the new wood elves (except the surfing warhawk/eagle riding and the treekin/ancient).

40k - New 40k Ork commandos are pretty sweet. Tau pirahnas and skyrays look pretty cool. I also really like the new stealthsuits. The sniper drones are cool, but I am not that thrilled with their controller.

And for the record, I think half half the autuarch heads are silly looking (only the scorpion looking one is alright), the swooping hawk wings I never liked (always felt they should be more mechanical looking as compared to feathered), and everything else just seemed to be paste-on bitz. Once someone goes out and properly converts one using a vareity of pieces not just the boxed set, I'm sure it'll look great.

So T... How do you like dem apples? :lol
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby -Thrax » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Dem apples be sour, beyotch! :p

T
-Thrax

Postby -the black prince » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 am

[quote]but as Jim said, the bellbottom pants are a bit odd[/quote]

you know i think this model is pretty cool. at least it has some style: actually speaks to me - says 'john blanche'
-the black prince

Postby -Thrax » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:33 pm

YES! Exactly what I thought. I like the exaggerated nature -- long, gaunt, and stylish.

T
-Thrax

Postby -the black prince » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:27 pm

just compare it with the bog-standard manikin of the alaitoc autarch. Standing on ruins - and eldar with a zen for 1970s retro fashion: very cool. :lol
-the black prince

Postby elrodogg » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:04 pm

Oh I agree that the death jester is a great model. He's totally rocking the evil clown look.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:08 pm

He's definitely the best of the lot on this page, that's for sure.

Most of the rest are fine - but they don't really strike me as anything especially special.

The only model I really don't like compared to the old one is the Wraithlord.
WickerNipple

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000