I got a whumping by Eldar

Moderator: The Gunslinger

I got a whumping by Eldar

Postby -Brother Suspectus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:38 pm

Rumoroso Noise marines reporting on a total whomping I got saturday at the GW 8th ave store. I had hung at the strat for bit around 1 ish to see if anyone wandered in, but alas I had to head to 8th for a game. They have a nice system now, you call ahead to book a time slot and your prefered game. There were even a good number of adults in the store too!

So I get a game on with Brookie- who was last years (i think he said last year) Grand Tourney at Baltimore overall winner. He had a really badddd asssss painted Eldar army. Very civil and nice guy we played my first COD game. I like the COD rules, I took Booby Traps and Decending fire stratgems. Good thing I took Booby traps.. it actually did damage. Any way it was my first serious game gainst the eldar and in the hands of some one who knows what their doing... wow.

I implored him to come down on a thursday night. His schedule doesn't seem to allow it, but he's going to try. He's a keen playa and I really wonder how his army would fair against the like of Tom or Pete. He wasn't boasting, but he says his army has only lost one game in 2 years. He also has like 9K worth of Blood Angels.

On another note, I'm wondering when all the spankings I seem to get is going to translate into a winning trend. Last time I played at the strat I was able to make a narrow victory against a new guy... but a win against one of the WM stallwarts would build confidence.

Just a report in from a wartorn city in the 8th segmentum. It was good to know that a good game can be found outside of the Strat Sub Sector.

Dave
-Brother Suspectus

Re: I got a whumping by Eldar

Postby Flavius Infernus » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:02 pm

Dave, I could have been at the Strat at 1 for a game last week, but I didn't know you were there.

As a general rule of thumb when I started playing 40K regularly, I expected to lose pretty much every game for the first year. It turned out to be more like the first two or three, but it helps if you don't change armies every week like I do.
Flavius Infernus

Postby deFl0 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:05 pm

Hmmm... May have been him. The last baltimore winner won with blood angels, although I think I had him beat on battle points, he got be on soft scrores. I'd love a match against him if you can purseud him to the strat.

That said, what are you running with slaanessh. They can be a pretty dead hard army with the right list.

Pete
deFl0

Postby Flavius Infernus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:31 am

Okay, if Dave won't bite, I will. Here's a list of my models:

Flying slaanesh prince (non-statured)
regular slaanesh lord
2 units of 6 noise marines with doom sirens
2 units of 6 noise marines with bolters and las/plas
2 units of 6 noise marines with sonic blasters
Up to 7 blastmasters mixed into the units above
2 rhinos w/ warp amp
predator
dread (2 ccw or blastmaster)
18 daemonettes
Plans for a cool defiler conversion

Make my army hard, Pete.
Flavius Infernus

Postby -Brother Suspectus » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:31 am

I think I need to drop the Oblits and go for a real Emps children army. You got all the favored action on your side, and 6 more Daemonettes than I have. One thing about the Girls.. they always take a big bite out of anyone I play against.

Ill post my list later this week. Ill have to re-work it. I love my prince however, Pete worked him up and he's pretty bad ass. But at 155 points he better be...

Thanks

D
-Brother Suspectus

Postby deFl0 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:02 pm

Well, Slanesh is a tough list to build because its has somewhat of an identity problem. You have one of the best basic and heavy weapon sets in the game, but you also rock in hth. So what's the issue??? Cost and unit size.

Fundamentally, I think it's actually an infantry build list as opposed to a tank build list. So havoks are a better bet over predators.

At 6 guys you don't have much in abalative wounds backing up your aspiring champion, so you can't go with the easy choice aka the powerfist. Instead you need to kill up front and you need to kill fast. Combined charges are the name of the game.

Personally, I think you need to play slanesh in a very in your face sort of way.

I think 6 slanesh bikes are an amazing deal. Give them meltaguns and use them to summon deamons, tank hunt and add a little hth umph where it's needed. The aspirign champion can be a monster in this squad, and I think you can give them a weapon upgrade for fairly cheap.

I also like rhinos, It gives your vulnerable squads some moving cover and the the dirge and warp is a disgusting combo against a lot of armies.

Deamonettes are very fragile so they HAVE to win in hth. I think running them in a unit of 12 is generally the way to go. 12 deamonettes is going to cripple an unit in the game.

Havoks... Well I like them with tankhunter and blastmasters, but I think this is the unit you don't play fluffy. Go with an 8 or 10 man squad. Infiltrate is a good concept with this squad too, especially if you are going to play an in your face army as they can actually move an d shoot. If you infiltrate them give them an aspirieng champion maybe even with a power fist.

Slanesh termis. I would contend that these guys are the best termies... You can up grade their bolters so they can actually shoot them and the squad is filled with I5 power weapons. You really can run them basically naked and they will be an absolute fire magnet.

Derfiler I think every competative chaos list has one. Enough said.

Slaanesh deamon princes are nasty. I think you generally want to super size him enless youhave an alternative delivery device like a chosen squad retnue, or termi retune, or you put him on a bike.

Sonic weapons: Use them sparingly. If your squad is going to be a hth squad don't upgrade their shooting unless it's to kill tanks, or you know you will actually use them well (termis and bikes come to mind)

Mounted Deamonettes - these guys are awesome. I just have to say it. They are expensive as hell but man these guys will always be able to charge. 3 inch template, 6+D6+12 inch charge. Summon them off infiltrators or turbo boosting bikes and there is just no where to hide.

Tank hunting is the biggest issue with this list. How are you going to drop 3 skimmers? Or take out a basalisk? I think 2 havok squads with 4 blastmasters/tank hunter and defiler is a good way to start. Maybe 2 metla guns on forward deployment units. Everything else you should build to be in you oppoenents deployments zone and killing stuff by turn two.

I'll see if I can get some time to blast out a list in the next couple of days.

Pete
deFl0

Return to Warhammer 40,000