Bioplasma attacks - apparently, they rend?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Bioplasma attacks - apparently, they rend?

Postby -dumbuket » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:16 am

From my reading, bioplasma apparently benefits from the effects of rending claws.

In this crazy mixed up world of gunfire that passes between dreadnoughts legs and tank shocks passing through assaults, could this, too, be true?
-dumbuket

Re: Bioplasma attacks - apparently, they rend?

Postby subversive » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:12 pm

RAW, if you check your brain at the door, yes that's what it says. I think this falls into the category of things that you might be able to legally justify, but that are fairly obviously an oversight, and you'd spend more time convincing your oponent that you're not a rules-lawyering SOB than is worth the extra attack you'd get
subversive

Postby -dumbuket » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:29 pm

like tank shocking into close combat, then
-dumbuket

Postby mauleed » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:08 am

Are the rules ambiguous on the point?

If not (and I don't think they are), I can't imagine someone justifying knocking your sports for simply following the rule.

I'm sure some will knock it, but if they make a big deal about it, then they're trying to insist you break the rules for their benefit and are bad sports themselves and deserving of the big O.

Hey, that's my new philosophy for people that complain about my combi-lascannons. It's clearly legal, so complaining is bad sportsmanship. Zero!
mauleed

Postby elrodogg » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:21 am

Quote:
Hey, that's my new philosophy for people that complain about my combi-lascannons. It's clearly legal, so complaining is bad sportsmanship. Zero!

Ed - I'm glad to see that you're expanding your mind when it comes to soft scores. :lol
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby subversive » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:01 am

Great, so we'll agree up front that you can use RAW despite justified objections, I'll goose egg you, you zilch me in return and we can then procede to play a friendly game of 40K
subversive

Postby VectorAWX3 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:33 am

No you can't... cause you still haven't decided how to play rending whatchamacallits and las-bolter combo-things. :lol
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:10 am

I'm playing it the way the rules say until forced to do otherwise. And I don't even have any rending bioplasm attacks.

Sorry but I just can't swallow someone wanting the rules ignored simply because they don't like them. If there's some sort of game breaking problem with the rules (like say the lack of rules for ordnance weapons actually wounding anything), then accomodations must be made. But there's no "problem" with bioplasm rending or the lascannon guy having the bolter.

Most of these things all go back to "but it didn't used to be this way, and I'm too lazy to learn the current rules, so I think you're pulling a fast one on me."

And honestly, If someone was insistent that we ignore the rules because they didn't like them, I really wouldn't lose any sleep over zeroing them. And I'd even let them know I did it and why.
mauleed

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:02 pm

Sorry guys but I'm having to agree with Ed on this.

Just cause it used to say you drop the bolter doesn't mean you have to now in 4th ed. Really - it's not such a stretch. And not worth arguing over.
The Bolter is a great weapon and I can see a dude with one strapped to his back or leg and carrying his lascannon

Don't know nothin about Bioplasm .. guess I could dig out my codex but I'm sick and stuck in my couch.

And Clearly there is nothing to argue against tank shocking into melee.

Ed, what is this about ordinance though? I vaguely recal some weird arguement over that
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby mauleed » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:36 pm

They literally forgot to include rules on how to determine who gets wounded by ordnance weapons. They have rules for blast weapons (and large blast weapons) but they specifically say they don't apply to ordnance weapons.

Basically there's no full/partial rules for ordnance.

Everyone just uses the blast rules, as that's how it was in 3rd edition and it makes sense.

But this is different from the bolter issue, because it's not a matter of taste, but one of function: ordnance weapons simply don't work and you can't proceed with the game without some accomodation being made. There's no rules mechanics problem with rending bio-plasm and lascannon/bolters.
mauleed

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000