IG Slave Levys

Moderator: The Gunslinger

IG Slave Levys

Postby -Sgt Dirty Dozen » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:42 pm

I was wondering if anyone ever modeled any?

I suppose a Catachan head/hands/weapons on an Ork Body/Legs is the basic idea, but I was wanting to see and hear about examples, experiments, and attempts.

Pics? Ideas? Lessons learned? Anyone?
-Sgt Dirty Dozen

Re: IG Slave Levys

Postby mauleed » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:33 pm

I was going to do mine as a "robot corps", where the heavy weapon was a robot of some type (as opposed to a servitor).

This would explain the move and shoot, increased resilience, and lack of speed.

And, most importantly, it would mean I only have to paint 6-10 models and simply reuse my current guard army.

But then I discovered $11 drop pods, and have completely lost interest in anything else. :x
mauleed

Postby -Thrax » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:57 pm

I know for a fact that Abhumans were not allowed at the last UK GT, and would expect them to hae a short lifespan here as well. Too bad -- they were very colorful, interesting. Maybe they'd make it into a Chapter Approved compliation, but until then, beware!

T
-Thrax

Postby -the black prince » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33 am

i was going to do a slave/conscript battalion (and then maybe a light infantry platoon) with necromunda ratskins. Could be a very cool looking conversion. Maybe mix them in with gaunt's ghosts.

Slaves i would use necromunda figures: i think they have mutants and the like.
-the black prince

Postby -Thrax » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:55 am

Oh, the modelling potentials for Abhumans are just fantastic. And it's consistent with GW fluff, too. It's such a shame that this doctrine seems destined for the dustbin -- it adds so much to an underprivileged list.

T
-Thrax

Return to Warhammer 40,000