Possessed Khorne Berzerkers

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Possessed Khorne Berzerkers

Postby -archmage45 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:21 am

I was thinking of converting up a squad of possessed Khorne Berzerkers, but I was hopeing for some thoughts on which gift to take (and therefor model). What have you seen? What have you seen work? Not work? And were there any changes between the 1st printing and the most recent one about which gifts are available/points costs?

Thank you in advance
-archmage45

Re: Possessed Khorne Berzerkers

Postby mauleed » Sat Aug 19, 2006 10:39 am

Talons seems to be the best. Rending beserkers!
mauleed

Postby Flavius Infernus » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:46 am

You're not required to give them anything: just give em chainaxes I say.
Flavius Infernus

Postby mauleed » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:34 am

I think rending is still a better option than the chainaxes. Then they're a threat to everything.

But I'd like to see (and am too lazy to do) the math on them vs. terminators, MEQs, and GEQs.
mauleed

Postby -BigBossKruug » Sun Aug 20, 2006 5:33 pm

I've been toying with a World Eaters list recently and decided that, with everything else being so slow, the Posessed needed Daemonic Flight. But that argument depends on what else is in your army.
-BigBossKruug

Postby -Thrax » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:28 pm

I really like the idea of flying berzerkers, but my god, that's some expensive berzerker! What do they come out to, like, 40 pts apiece, roughly? Ay caramba!

Rending berzerkers might be nice, but do you really get that much more bang for your buck than with regular berzerkers w/ Asp Champ + power weapon/fist? Seems like a bit of overkill to me.

T
-Thrax

Postby Flavius Infernus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:14 pm

I ran the numbers, but ez board lost my post. The short version is that rending does inflict significantly more (about twice as many) casualties per attack than just chainaxes against all kinds of opponents. The difference lies in not having to roll to wound (which puts a big dent in casualty rate) although the variance is bigger with rending.

So it looks like rending is a good value for all flavors of possessed marines.
Flavius Infernus

Postby mauleed » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 pm

I wonder if it's possible to run "rhino wall" khorne, where you take the old rhino rush layout and move 12", disembark, and then hoof it using the rhinos to block LOS.

Probably not, but I haven't seen anyone try it.
mauleed

Postby Flavius Infernus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 pm

I'm building a 3-rhino WE army right now. It sounds like a viable tactic: I'll give it a try when the army is done.

Hmmm, if you smoke at the end of your first move, that removes the penetrating 6 problem. As long as your berzerkers don't rage out of the rhino in turn one (which would really just lose you some movement)--and with a couple of favored daemon packs, you'd usually be jumping off at least one unit of bloodletters from your icons in turn 2.
Flavius Infernus

Postby -Thrax » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:03 pm

Quote:
So it looks like rending is a good value for all flavors of possessed marines.

Right, but the real question is, are rending possessed berzerkers better value than regular berzerkers (in terms of number of models you can put on the table).

T
-Thrax

Return to Warhammer 40,000