40k GT Clarification PDF...

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: 40k GT Clarification PDF...

Postby -Papa Gino » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:27 pm

"Can you get cover saves against Mind War?" "Yes..."

I just like the mental image. "My brain is about to explode? Let me jump into these bushes here..."

The question, of course, that ought be asked, is why doesn't GW at least copy-paste _this_ thing (however flawed - and it is - see the drop pod size question) and use it as a FAQ, if they refuse to do the work themselves. [The answer, of course, should be well-evident by know.]
-Papa Gino

Postby mauleed » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:33 pm

The studio literally has a "why would you want an FAQ?" attitude. They don't understand what the problem is.

Jeremy Vetok took over managing the studio, and I had very high hopes he would straighten things out over there. So far he's not doing so well. But in his defense, the FAQs were started before he took over, so 7th edition will be the real yardstick of his competence.
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:46 pm

Found the "tank shock" question. It's certainly reasonable. But unfortunately, as has been pointed out, it's not official.

Does the same apply for vehicles pushing models off the board?

Either way, it's a MUCH better answer than models "teleporting" to a safe location.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby mauleed » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:06 pm

Just let me know if we're using this for the NEWCC, so I can start modelling my infiltrating 30 man seer council now.
mauleed

Postby Jeramakus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:13 pm

Ed, you're operating under the assumption that you're invited... :p
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:42 am

:rollin OUCH!

Hey, we, as a club, should post our own FAQ's interpretations since GW is not delivering as hoped. We should talk about this in CoS. When they come up in friendly games & our tournies, we can have them handy
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Postby Jeramakus » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:50 am

I actually just had this thought today. Actually, the crazy-ass thought I had was to rewrite the rules and codexes a little at a time... 0]
Andy on Lou's 300-inspired foray into Ancients:
"And remember Lou, Historicals people go nuts over historical accuracy. Therefore it's critically important you quote the movie with that accent as much as possible while playing every game."
Jeramakus

Postby mauleed » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:13 am

We've discussed writing a Dakka FAQ, but in the end, what's the point? Not everyone will agree to use it, and if you shove it down people's throats some ruling is eventually going to screw someone and then they're mad at you and not GW.

Just imagine if you guys made a NEWCC FAQ on your own, and one of the rulings helped your team exactly enough for you to win overall (or had any significant efect in your favor). I can't imagine anything good would come from that.

Nah, I say just be polite and be flexible, and just let the tournament organizer make the call.
mauleed

Postby VectorAWX3 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:12 am

Yup. Look at the Direwolf FAQ for fantasy. It's fairly legitimate, and is even official at several Indy GT's. But it's NOT official (nor would GW ever allow it to be official at any of their events, as it implies that they're giving up control of their product.)

Nice tool, but use at your own will. That being said, I actually think a Dakka FAQ would be a nice tool to standardize independent GT's and RT's.

There are way too many questions for a single club to write a comprehensive FAQ for a single tourney.
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby The Gunslinger » Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:16 am

Good points but we had a rules clarification on our main site for years, and this was never a problem for friendly games. I can't imagine it being a problem for our WM tournies. Each tourney organizer would have to comply with the rules
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

PreviousNext

Return to Warhammer 40,000