13th Company List... For a Friend.

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: 13th Company List... For a Friend.

Postby deFl0 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:05 pm

Yah, but Ed I just won the necro with a list that had much less tank hunting than this list. :rollin :rollin

We see very eye to eye on most 40K things but it's funny how shooting centric you are compared to me who is much more hth centric...

Shooty is not the problem, they are deep in there opponents deployment zone turn 1 and 2. A couple pieces of terrain to help you get there and Tau have some serious issues.

It's lists that can redeploy or deploy after you will give this list trouble.

The gating squad of melta guns is going to drop tua devil fish very quickly and then the wounds and such will eat everything while it is entangled. And if they are smart and a little lucky on the deepstrike rolls, you won;t get a shot at them until it's too late.

I think it's a very mission based thing. I honestly wouldn't even use the scout ability a lot of time. In a tourny, you can play grab ass with this list. Teleport out drop a tank or two and you are up some serious points, make the Tau come to you, then they are playing your game. Tau can;t even establish a gun line if there is any terrain on the board, because you can pick up a a squad of hounds and put them in that perfect place ready for a charge.

Pete
deFl0

Postby Ancow » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Pete: Don't forget everying in the list not only basically fleets and scouts, but has Move Through Cover as well.
Ancow

Postby mauleed » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:23 pm

Pete, who said anything about tanks. Few really good shooty lists, particularly marine ones, depend on tanks for their guns.

It's the plasma on the suits that's going to wipe this off the board.

I've got a Tau army now, if I ever glue it together. I'd love to try this out.
mauleed

Postby -Demigod Complex » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:47 pm

I ran my 13th Co list against Tau (very suit heavy) lists and I can agree on the Plasma causing me a lot of head aches. But the wolfen in close combat are priceless especially with a wolf priest w/ healing balms. Follow that up with the bikes coming in to finsh off anything with a pulse and you can wrap it up for the competition.

I personally love the 13th Co, too bad it looks like it will be phased out.

Oh yeah wolf tooth necklaces are the best thing since sliced bread on a HQ w/ a bodyguard. Now if I can just figure out where to put them in my list ...

Jordan
-Demigod Complex

Postby deFl0 » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:37 am

Ed, your not doing mech tua??? I thought you were running like 3 small crisis teams and everything else was mounted or flying.

Pete
deFl0

Postby mauleed » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:52 am

I don't know what the exact list will be, but I own:

8 or 9 suits
6 stealth
a boatload of firewarriors, drone and kroot
a unit of pathfinders and their ride
3 hammerheads

....or more precisely my son owns them, as I've given it all to him.

I really don't play that much 40k, so I don't have alot of motivation to try to learn how to use it. Right now I've been into warmachine.

But the NEWCC is coming up, and after the Marauder I'm playing nothing but 40k.
mauleed

Postby -thehod » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:20 pm

I still belive that close combat is one of the best ways to deliver the pain still in 4th edition. The only real challenge is getting into combat but looking at Past GT winners 85% have been assaulty armies or armies that have a balance of a power assault unit backed by some minimal shooting.

Paul Murphy is a great example of a Blood Angels balanced shooting/ Power assault army that won Baltimore and it did well with all the missions and he is one of the few people that can deliver the pain to my Dark Eldar to a good degree.

Shaun won Chicago GT with Wordbearers that were slightly resembling Pete's and had way less anti-tank yet schooled a Tau army that went with 4 massacres. Marc won Chicago 2005 with Feral Orks that was a largely walking army with a fast assault unit. Marc again won with Wych Cult in 4th Edition in Minneapolis. Hell Pete won Necro with a largely close combat army that delivered it and took the pain to many a shooting army.

Its kinda of a sportsmanship thing but noone likes to get shot off the board and all shooting games reduce themselves into rollign dice and who has the bigger gun. A well balanced army makes for a good game both sides. Or atleast an army that can make use of 2 of the 3 phases of the game.

@Peter btw in Baltimore did you do a rhino rush deathguard? I know a friend who does still a rhino rush DG and uses it to a very alarming efficiency. And Gratz on winning best General.
-thehod

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000