Biel tan Fish of death?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Re: Biel tan Fish of death?

Postby -KnightACT » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:04 am

so they're buffing up a bunch of units that didn't get love before in the eldar dex.

What are they doing for the def guardians again?
-KnightACT

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:01 am

Guardian defenders don't need much of a bump, they're one of the few viable units left in the current eldar codex.

As far as I know, the new defenders will be forced to take a grav platform, and they can now be transported (grav platform and all) in a wave serpent (which will now have a cappacity of 12 models).

I imagine warlocks will be different now also, which will change the effectiveness and uses of guardians.
-FarseerVinnie

Postby Flavius Infernus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:20 am

Also the word is that defenders will have a minimum squad size of 10 (presumably plus the two platform crew) which is a disadvantage, since more than 9 guardians is likely to survive the first round of close combat. The warlocks are said to be ordinary squad upgrades to the guardian squad now instead of being detached from the farseer bodyguard.
Flavius Infernus

Postby -Thrax » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:48 pm

Minimum squad sizes don't bother me, it's the necessary platform thing that's an issue. Will they start to package platforms in Guardian boxes? To make something mandatory like that and then have to go spend another $20 on it is a pain in the ass. Add in a Warlock and you've got a helluva pricy and not-all-that-effective squad.

T
-Thrax

Postby -krootman » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Aye some very good points in this post.
I dontplay eldar but when im bored I like to fool around with lists and what I came up with is something like this:

Hq is 2 farseers with guide and runes of witnessing to go in the falcons

My eites is a viper or 2 with starcannons and sprit stones.

My troops is
-2 5 man fire dragon squads to go in the falcons.
-2 8man warp spider squads
-2 8 man dragon squads in a serpent with tl lances, or 2 maxed out banchie squads in serpents with tl lances..depending if I need to get into h2h, not many mech eldar players use 2 of these..but if you use them right and drop them at the end of the game vs a isolated flank they will do their damage and shouldnt suffer very many loses unless you roll realy bad.

Finally 2 falcons with sprit stones, holo fields and starcannons.
Its a list im really going to look into starting sometime after the new elder dex comes out...but for now I have my farsight tau to play which run follow pretty much the same game plan.
-krootman

Previous

Return to Warhammer 40,000