Autarch pics (among others)

Moderator: The Gunslinger

Autarch pics (among others)

Postby -FarseerVinnie » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:29 am

Shoutout to Warseer for the pics...

And morepictures here!

In other news, the

Enjoy!new howling banshee exarch is frikkin BADass... :D

Hope no one else posted these before me...
-FarseerVinnie

Re: Autarch pics (among others)

Postby -Thrax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:44 am

:D The light at the end of the tunnel!

T
-Thrax

Postby warmongerclub » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:24 am

hooray, space faeries!
warmongerclub

Postby OtherGary » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:59 am

Maybe it's just me and my view on the blue paintjob, but does anyone else see the autarch as an Eldar version of the power armor Marneus Calgar sculpt?
OtherGary

Postby elrodogg » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:18 pm

I just don't like the autarch. Not one bit. It's not vespid or chaos furie bad, but close. :x
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby VectorAWX3 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:26 pm

It has a very static, flat pose. It looks like the old one-piece metals GW used to produce in droves.

The plastic banshees just might have a bit too much going on. Cramming on more and more details (gems, baubles, runes) doesn't make the models better.

And I STILL want to see scorpions with tails! :p
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby -Thrax » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:59 pm

I'm definitely concerned about the look of the new Autarch. For me, the body, weapons, helm, etc. look great, but it's the WINGS that look out of place to me. They're just to flashy, too "gay pride parade". They may make more sense in light of whatever powers he has -- apparently Autarchs can mix Exarch wargear -- but unless he can fly like Hawks, I would remove those ugly things at the first opportunity. I actually think he would look GREAT without them.

And I agree with Nidal: it does have a very "throwback" pose. Not "angry baby Scorpion" throwback, but close.

T
-Thrax

Postby -Papa Gino » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:20 pm

It's almost a carbon-copy of the old Epic Exarch plastic fig (which had wings, but couldn't fly - IIRC), but with the heavy weapon replaced by a sword/pistol combo (presumably a nod to the cover of the 2ed Codex).

Blah. All I want to know is whether the wings push this thing into the $15 price range.
-Papa Gino

Postby -BigBossKruug » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:43 pm

The 'Unique variant available in the army set' bullet point seems to suggest there'll be at least two different Autarch models.

Plus, since they're making a big deal about the wargear options they may give you the bits to customise him, but I may be a little over optimistic about that.
-BigBossKruug

Postby -thx10050 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:55 pm

Sorry, I personally think that helmet looks rediculous. It's like the old Dark Angels Captain's helmet and he looked damn silly too. Otherwise, yeah, he's a bit too static, but it's not too bad of a pose. But as Nidal mentioned, it seems that the GW sculptors went from clean and simple to super-detailed on most of these models. Overall I like the new models, but like my opinion of the Vostroyans, I think they're beginning to look a bit too busy. I'm also not a fan of the super-ripped armor on the Fire Dragon Exarch and similar armor like it.
-thx10050

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000