About the Gamers in Orlando

Moderator: The Gunslinger

About the Gamers in Orlando

Postby -thehod » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:02 am

Recently there has been some bad Rep from Orlando gamers as how we are sore losers or how we max out your scores and then go behind your back and tell the judges off on how your dice was loaded. This was all done and said by a particular gaming group that is in no way representative of all of Orlando. I would like to say come play in orlando and see for yourself and if you dont like it, atleast you can have fun in disney.

The Group that has recently posted all come from Sci-Fi city and they have their own thing going for them and they tend to be very competitive and their tables tend to be sparse of terrain.

But if you want a gaming experience and good tables both Collesium of Comics and Rhubarb games do have those and there is a core of good gamers that goto these two stores and like I said before the terrain isnt desolate and the staff is knowledgable in 40k among many other games as well.

rhubarbgames.com/

www.coliseumofcomics.com/

Tournaments are usually for both once a month and for Rhubarb games it alternates between fantasy and 40k.
This is no way a promotion of stores I am just giving you a choice in where you wish to play for 40K if you want to in Orlando
-thehod

Re: About the Gamers in Orlando

Postby Amazonwarlord » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:30 am

I for one took it to be comments made by a small few and would NEVER throw it as a blanket on the whole of Orlando gamers.

I had a great time, even better than last year and am planning on coming again next year. The best tourny on the east coast (at least that I've been to).

See you in Orlando next July (or so)
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -thehod » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:58 am

We didnt meet personally but gratz on winning best sportsman and I would like to say the Warmongers club is always a welcome addition here and this is coming from a 40k Wrecking crew member.
-thehod

Postby warmongerclub » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:20 pm

Hey Hod-
Don't worry, we would never villify all Florida gamers, Orlando gamers, or even gamers from the same club just because a few people don't know how to lose gracefully.

The Warmonger Club has been painted with a broad brush many times for the actions of an individual (for transgressions real and imagined) and we realize how unfair that is.

I was at Necro last year and had like 6 out of 7 games (I had 2 pickup games) against good, fun, fair opponents, many of whom were locals.

Jim
warmongerclub

Postby -BloodyT » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:59 am

I am glad to hear yall will be back next year. That is all that really matters. :)

- Stev
-BloodyT

Postby Amazonwarlord » Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:28 am

hopefully with even more of us!! We all keep talking about what great fun we had. I wouldn't be surprised if we double our contingent.

Quote:
gratz on winning best sportsman

Thanks !!
"I have not failed, I've just found ten thousand ways that won't work." – Thomas Edison
Amazonwarlord

Postby -thehod » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:03 am

wow you guys took a verbal lashing and you all deserve to be plenty mad at the disgusting attitude some of our local sci-fi city players did. You all are real class acts and I am suprised that you would be back for more.

Next year I will play

Ho
-thehod

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:24 pm

Quote:
You all are real class acts and I am suprised that you would be back for more.

Bah, don't be silly.

After coming back last year our whole group could do nothing but sing the praises of the Necro. I still think it's the finest indy event I've been to.

It's a shame more of us couldn't make it this year, but that was a logistics issue.

Don't doubt for a second we'll be back in droves next year -> it takes far more than random internet bitching to keep us away. ;)
WickerNipple

Postby deFl0 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:56 pm

Oh you can't get rid of us that easily. Besides we have titles to defend.

Next year during open gaming, we should have Kevin play this years fantasy winner to see who the reigning champion of fantasy would have been.

Pete
deFl0

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:01 pm

Tz DL vs Nurgle DL?

I can't imagine bothering to even play the game. :lol
WickerNipple

Next

Return to Warhammer 40,000