how to use a tank shocks?

Moderator: The Gunslinger

how to use a tank shocks?

Postby -frankthetank310 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:54 am

when you tank shock a unit and they fail there LD roll and move back what happens if there is another tank in there way do they go around or can they be next to it i thought they couldnt be a 1" from a enemy model or unit ? do they die or keep falling back by rolling again ??
-frankthetank310

Re: how to use a tank shocks?

Postby -thx10050 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:59 am

Pulling off the equivalent of 3rd Ed. Crossfire in the new 4th Ed. rules set (the 'Trapped!' rule) is much more difficult. I don't have my rulebook handy at the moment, but I believe the only way you can effectively destroy an enemy unit with the Trapped rule is to block the unit in, as you said with tanks, impassable terrain, and whatnot, and make it so that the unit must first move forward before it can fall back.
-thx10050

Re: how to use a tank shocks?

Postby The Gunslinger » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:11 pm

They go around. You'd have to make a big effort to trap them so that's there's really no where to go around. Although that's from memory, so I may be twarted by someone with the rulebook in hand. I think there's a decent illustration in there.

Frank, BTW, don't take this the wrong way, but referring to our guidelines at the top of boards, please make your posts more legible. Stuff like punctuation, capitals letters here and there can really help. Some people will simple start to ignore your posts if they consistantly have a hard time reading, or have to put extra effort in reorganizing your grammatical structure.

This isn't English class, but only our preference. Besides, a few of our members are teachers. At least one is an English teacher, & another is a linguist. :) Thanks
:2guns:
The Gunslinger

Return to Warhammer 40,000