Civilization V? Civilization V!

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Civilization V? Civilization V!

Postby Ancow » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Civilization V! Who's playing it?
Ancow

Re: Civilization V? Civilization V!

Postby WickerNipple » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm

Well we can't play it til tomorrow, but it's currently 54% downloaded, so I *will* be playing it tomorrow. :)
WickerNipple

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:33 pm

I got the demo on steam.

Not sure I even have the time to play it, but it sounds awesome so far, meaning they appear to have fixed a lot of my gripes about the previous incarnations.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:16 pm

I didn't really have any gripes about the last one except that it became a nasty memory hog late game right when things were getting good.

I played for a few hours last night - it's great. They've made attempts in the past to streamline certain elements and I never really thought they got that exactly right. They really have here - the game has several new elements and several things that are quite different, but it's all very immediately intuitive.

New graphics are great. Combat will take some getting used to, but I already like a lot of what not having stacks creates in terms of strategy. It's also fun to get your archers up on a hill where they have LoS and fire over the heads of your troops down below.

It's not going to blow anyone away in terms of originality or anything - it's still basically the exact same game I've been playing since the first one came out - but it's a beautiful new version.
WickerNipple

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:31 pm

I've been looking forward to this one as well.
Emperors Reckoning

Postby Ancow » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:27 pm

Well lets see I installed this Tuesday now someone explain to me how it became Friday.
Ancow

Return to Other Games