Jan 29th 2011 WAB Tourney to benefit American Cancer Society

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Jan 29th 2011 WAB Tourney to benefit American Cancer Society

Postby Miles Gloriousus » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Folks -

I apologize for the double post here and in the Warmonger Club forum, but I want to make sure that you all know this is happening. Please, if any of you are Warmachine players, or speak to the Warmachine players - please let them know. For the past two years, they've shown up for Saturday gaming and found the room full - so I want to make sure they aren't disappointed.

The 2011 Warmonger Club Tournament to benefit the American Cancer Society is taking place again this year, thanks to the Strat. I'll be running the event on Saturday, January 29th, 2011 - 10 am-6 pm.

It's going to be another open event, with lists from all legal WAB supplements accepted. We are using WAB 2 rules, so if you are playing, you'll need to get yourself a copy and get in a few practice games. This year, we will be using 1,750 point lists for the three games.

Please let me know if you are interested in playing. Because of space, we're limited to 18 entrants and I have five sign ups already. Entry fee is $20 - the entire chunk goes to benefit ACS. For the last two years, we've had great prize sponsors including Perry Brothers, Gripping Beast, Curteys/First Corps miniatures, and, of course, The Compleat Strategist.

In 2009, we raised $1,300 with entry fees, an auction and dice offs. in 2010, we raised $1,204 dollars without the auction. I think that this time, we should be able to beat those amounts.

I hope you'll be able to make it. Let me know if you need more information or have any questions.

John
"Let haste be made! I cannot be delayed:
There are lands to conquer, cities to loot and peoples to degrade!" -- Miles Gloriousus
Miles Gloriousus

Re: Jan 29th 2011 WAB Tourney to benefit American Cancer Soc

Postby mattbird » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:23 pm

I will be there!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Return to Other Games