Magic The Gathering, need some advice

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Re: Magic The Gathering, need some advice

Postby dooms33ker » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

I've heard of The Legend of the five Rings but not the other games. Would you be interested in playing Magic at all? I'm sure out of those 4 booster boxes you can come up with something good besides SOTF :)
Max
dooms33ker

Postby Bauhaus » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:00 am

Sure, one of these days! I do have plenty of Magic decks from the Exodus era.

Doomtown is also known as Deadlands. It plays using a poker mechanism. You build poker hands from your own deck. The cards all do things to your gunfighter/posse and you have a shootout etc. Netrunner was also designed by Magic designer Richard Garfield. It plays like Tron with one guy playing the corporation and the other the hacker - you try to crack a corpoation's "ice" and the corp tries to stop you.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Postby Larro » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Dave, you play Doomtown????

I was like the only person I ever met who played Doomtown, besides Jarrett who dabbled for a short while. It's such a great and underappreciate game. I fell in love with the mechanics originally, but stayed for the background and storylines. It was sad to see the game go down because of poor management.

And I too liked to play with a Bicycle deck, i.e. no doubles, so no cheating worries, etc. I've got a competitve Bicycle deck for each faction, so that I could just hand decks out to buddies if we ever wanted to play. I collected all the sets, since the game was pretty cheap once it went OOP, and I've still got them in case you ever want to play sometime in the future.

Netrunner was another game that looked awesome, but it's harder to get ahold of, and I never really got into it. Too busy with MTG back then.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Bauhaus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Wow Larry! I did the same. I made each faction into its own deck. I usually played with my nieces and nephews out in Calif.

If you don't mind I'd like to check to see if I'm missing any cards - maybe you'd have some to trade/barter/etc.

I got into it because one of my buddies was doing a lot of the artwork (he's not that good.) Doomtown was more accessable then Magic to budding young artists.
Blood for the Blood God!
Bauhaus

Previous

Return to Other Games