Links to historical models?

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Re: Links to historical models?

Postby Anger Worm » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 am

That's about right. I've always found it particularly noticeable with the steeds.

I've looked around and I'd suggest Old Glory for Byzantines. They've got everything you'd want unit-wise and it will ensure the figures scales blend uniformly.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby genghis ken » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:10 am

I won't be in today. Next week probably will. And the 29th is the tournament for the WAB fund raiser.
genghis ken

Postby Miles Gloriousus » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:37 pm

It depends on what you mean by late Byzantine -

If you're looking for years 1000-1200, It's best to go with Gripping Beast. They're great models and you can find what you need across a couple of ranges as Andy suggests, notably Byzantine and Russian. Old Glory makes the most complete range from this period, and their models are really among their best - they are also cheap.

For 1200-1460 - there really isn't anyone making them now. You'll have to wait for GB to produce their range, or others who are threatening to eventually make this era. For the very end of the period, 1450-60, you can use Old Glory Balkan light cavalry and Turkish light horse, and anyone's western style spearmen, crossbows, handguns and Knights. by this point, the Byzantine army looked like almost any other from further west, especially the Hungarian army.
"Let haste be made! I cannot be delayed:
There are lands to conquer, cities to loot and peoples to degrade!" -- Miles Gloriousus
Miles Gloriousus

Previous

Return to Other Games