MANTIC & KINGS OF WAR

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

MANTIC & KINGS OF WAR

Postby Mantic Guy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:13 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joe, and I have recently come on with Mantic games to establish our line of miniatures and game system in the US. I wanted to post here to see you guys know of Mantic and Kings of War. The Warmongers have long since been recognized experienced gamers and not just of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

I have attached links to our Kings of War rules set and the army lists for our 4 different armies. This is of course a starting point for Mantic, we will be releasing an Orc range come this April, and a very nice board game that is centralized around our Undead and Dwarf miniatures. Please read through, play a couple of games and let me know what you think. At Mantic we do listen to the comments and concerns of the community, and we want to make sure that everyone can continue to enjoy gaming and collecting toy soldiers.

I look forward to your feedback!

http://www.manticgames.com/Hobby/Gaming.html

Joe
Mantic Guy

Re: MANTIC & KINGS OF WAR

Postby mattbird » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:27 pm

thanks Joe, and welcome to the boards! We know of Mantic, but afaik have not played with the new ruleset as of yet.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Mantic Guy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome. No worries, just checking to see what exposure we have had up till this point. We are having a strong push to get a bigger presence at shows and events as well. If you have sometime I would love to hear what you guys think of the rules.
Mantic Guy

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:45 pm

I won the Border Raids Warhammer GT in Philly last October with 100 of your ghouls.

Are you local? I'd be interested in a demo game, but not sure I have the time right now to delve into a new rule system on my lonesome.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby mattbird » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Mantic Guy wrote:Thanks for the welcome. No worries, just checking to see what exposure we have had up till this point. We are having a strong push to get a bigger presence at shows and events as well. If you have sometime I would love to hear what you guys think of the rules.

I have not tried them, but at first glance they just seemed like a simplified version of WHFB. I definitely wondered about he need to leave "casualty markers" in back of units, as opposed to using the models themselves for that. I doubt the rules are the selling point for the models anyway? The new Chaos Dwarfs look great, as do some of the undead ones.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Mantic Guy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:23 pm

The rules are simple at first glance, but really they are quite different then Warhammer. I am an avid Warhammer player myself, and work for GW for about 7 years. The Kings of War game focuses more on tactics as opposed to I have a Lvl 4 mage with power scroll and Purple Sun. The combos are not as game changing as they are in WFB. The game is based more on ranked units, and the extras there to support the effectiveness of the whole army. I know there are a lot of games out there and sometimes it is hard to justify getting into something else. But, I think everyone has a fantasy army, and if you get a chance or want to try something new one night with a buddy, then check it out.

In reference to me being local, I am in Baltimore. New York is a bit of a drive, but over the coming months I will be setting up places to visit to run demos and the like. I just ran a bunch of demos for Showcase Comics in PA, and the guys loved it.

Hope to hear some feedback soon, and thanks again for the warm welcome on the boards.
Mantic Guy

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:41 pm

Everyone here does have a fantasy army, and they're all collecting dust at the moment.

I think it's pretty safe to say we'll give it a whirl!
WickerNipple

Postby Mantic Guy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 pm

yeah I will have to say that mine is as while.
Mantic Guy

Return to Other Games