Bloodbowl or Mordheim?

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

Bloodbowl or Mordheim?

Postby Bing » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 am

Hi all,
I'm getting back into gaming after a few years of not rolling dice and just discovered this group...

Does anyone play Bloodbowl or Mordheim? Or even better (is it too much to hope?) is anyone running a Bloodbowl league or Mordheim campaign?
Would love to get back into those. I love having a team/gang that builds over time.

-Bing
Bing

Re: Bloodbowl or Mordheim?

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 am

It's sometimes difficult to get consistent enthusiasm for the small games, but we've certainly done both in the past.

We haven't had a Bloodbowl League in a while, but I'd be down for something like that if we can get enough player diversity in the league - it would give me an excuse to paint my Ogre team! I find BB gets old pretty quickly if it's just the same 3-4 people, but it's tons of fun with enough on board. I have several teams to lend if needed.

The few times we've tried Mordheim it's never lasted very long mostly due to how horribly balanced it is. Look into Malifaux instead, there's plenty of people already playing it currently.
WickerNipple

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm

I agree with Andy regarding Mordheim. Necromunda is better but suffers from some very similar problems. Both also require a narrative of some kind to be really rewarding, and there typically isn't a will for that.

I think there could definitely be interest in a Bloodbowl league. It's something I've always wanted to do and there are a bunch of folks with teams, or the models to make teams. It's been a rumor that GW's next game release will be a Bloodbowl reprise. There's nothing out to confirm anything of the kind (so it might just be wishful thinking), but it would certainly make for an ideal time to get a league started.

Malifaux has a pretty solid following and is a very good skirmish game.
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby mattbird » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I would do bloodbowl if it took off. +1 for malifaux. :)
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Thallon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:12 am

I'd definitely be interested in Bloodbowl.
Thallon

Return to Other Games