help make me an orc blood bowl team

Historical Wargames, BFG, Mordheim, Epic, CCGs, video games etc.

help make me an orc blood bowl team

Postby mattbird » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:51 am

just tell me what to get, please. I have no clue how to play. :)
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Re: help make me an orc blood bowl team

Postby Anger Worm » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 pm

If you're looking to paint a future-proof team (so everything in one go) you'll want about 16-18 models + star players (essentially special characters you hire when you're outgunned by a more experienced team). It's hard to say exactly what you'll need since you may take several approaches to building up a team. You'll definitely want 4 black orcs, linemen, blitzers, a thrower or two, some gobbos, and a troll (who can double as a special character). Proportion is where you get your variety, so having a few extra of everything (up to your model cap) covers you.

There's also a ton of info out there:

http://fumbbl.com/help:OrcStrategy
http://fumbbl.com/help:OrcSetUp
http://www.bbpb.de/index.php?c=Orcs
Jarrett
Anger Worm

Postby WickerNipple » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:29 pm

Adepticon hasn't fully published the BB rules for this year, so I don't know what they mean by skill packages yet, nor if the system allows for player advancements/injuries/etc. Team and player viability is somewhat affected by all those things, but Orks are one of the best in the league so it's likely you won't have to think about this stuff so much, especially as a new player.

We know they're giving you $1,100,000 to make a team, which is enough above normal that you really don't have many hard decisions to make.

For a new player I would suggest:
1x Troll
1x Thrower
3x Black Orc
3x Blitzer
2x Lineman
2x Goblin
4x Reroll
2x Fan Factor

- That gives you a very bruiser team that most folks won't want to fight it out with on the line, but still has a good deal of people who can sorta play football and lots of reliability (rerolls).

I know you're just doing a list for Adepticon, but Jarrett is right it's best to make a complete team at the time. In a normal league you never know what models you'll need as people die off, get replaced, etc. For Orcs a good deep bench list of models would be: Troll, Thrower, 4x Black Orc, 4x Blitzer, 4x Lineman, 4x Goblin plus maybe a star player you like.
WickerNipple

Postby ZiggyQubert » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:34 pm

So the generic BB rules for Adaptacon are simmilar to the following -

You team compleatly resets after every match (so injuries go away, and ppl dont get skill points), you can hire star player as part of your regular team

you can give your team a skill package for free, the packages are something like the following (from an old rules pack) -

- You may choose 1 player to increase their Strength OR Agility by +1
AND You may choose another player to increase their Movement OR Armour by +1

- You may choose 5 normal skill choices and give them to 5 different players
AND You may choose a 6th player to receive a normal OR doubles skill choice

- You may choose 2 players on your team to have 2 normal skill choices each

the old rules pack - http://www.adepticon.org/10rules/stuporbowl3.pdf

there are also aditional star players that can be hired
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin

Postby mattbird » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:00 pm

thanks guys!
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Shonkhor » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Hi! In those rules I would probably go for something as reliable and brutal as possible. That to me means no trolls. Being able to score 1 turn touchdowns is great and all - but it hardly ever happens. Most of the time you end up with your troll standing around doing nothing, letting the opposition run straight through you. Blitzers and black orcs are where its at - 4 of each and there won't be anyone left on the board by the end of the first half.

4x Blitzer
4 x black orc
2 thrower (in case one gets injured)
2x lineman
1 goblin (as a nuisance/threat piece)

3 rerolls

For skills I'd stick block on all the black orcs, dodge on a blitzer, tackle on a blitzer. A bit spammy but can't go wrong with getting the basics right
Shonkhor

Return to Other Games