BdickJ's suggestions

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

BdickJ's suggestions

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Tue May 12, 2009 11:31 am

Alright, so overall, I like the direction the book is going. Daemonsmiths are spot on. Here are my thoughts:

Juggle the list a bit. Sneaky Gits should be core, and Swivel Guns should be a unit attachement. Move Inferno Golems to special.

Add another Rare unit. Back when I used to post on the CD forums I was always a fan of a giant Daemon Construct. Perhaps called a Lavabound Collossus or something. Stats could be as followS:

M WS BS S T W I A LD
6 4 0 5 6 6 2 4 10

Immune to Psych, Stubborn, Flaming attacks, Magical attacks, Terror

Hellfire Furnace: In addition to its basic attacks, the Colossus releases its furnace at the start of each CC phase. Every model (Friend or foe) in B2B contact with the Colossus suffers a flaming, magical S4 hit.

Hellforged: The Colossus has a 3+ armor save and Magic Resistance 2.

Boiling Aura: Enemies suffer -1 to hit the Colossus in CC due to the extreme heat emenating from it.

Cost: 240

Tenderiser/Whirlwind/Daemon Eater needs 4 wounds. They should also be a character mount. No reason why a CD lord wouldn't ride one, especially since you could go more Mechanical. If you want to keep the Centaur theme, you could always have Bull Centaur heroes replace the regular crew.

I think overall a few minor tweaks espcially to where units are allocated will make this a fun, very playable list (Although I personally would like to see more Daemon Engines.)
CrazyChaosLord

Re: BdickJ's suggestions

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 11:34 am

CrazyChaosLord wrote:Tenderiser/Whirlwind/Daemon Eater needs 4 wounds. They should also be a character mount. No reason why a CD lord wouldn't ride one...

well, going off the actual model, there's no way anything other than a BC could ever push it, and nothing could possibly ride it...
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Tue May 12, 2009 11:37 am

It doesn't need to go off the original model though. CD are the masters of Daemoncraft. Couldn't it also be described as a hellbound chariot ?
CrazyChaosLord

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 11:53 am

I think in the overall scheme of things, just to put some limits on it, were were trying to keep rules in line with the models and previous editions. Otherwise rules writing can get out of hand.

I had suggested the same Giant construct idea to Kevin, so I like that.

I also like attaching Swivel cannons to CD units.
mattbird

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Tue May 12, 2009 1:03 pm

I think adding some variety to the rare section is a good idea and may stop people from just automatically including 2 earthshakers.

I also think it'd be good to move the swivel guns to unit attachments, and move sneaky gits to core, since the special section is overloaded.
CrazyChaosLord

Postby mauleed » Tue May 12, 2009 1:29 pm

I don't think they should get a chariot 'mount'....

....except for hobbo characters. A trusted hobbo gifted with a wolf chariot would mean you'd actually see hobbo characters.
mauleed

Postby MantisZero » Tue May 12, 2009 1:45 pm

I love the idea of a Hobbo character in a chariot.
MantisZero

Postby mattbird » Tue May 12, 2009 1:48 pm

MantisZero wrote:I love the idea of a Hobbo character in a chariot.

can it be pulled by slaves? :ugeek:
mattbird

Postby CrazyChaosLord » Tue May 12, 2009 2:09 pm

That'd be awesome!
CrazyChaosLord

Return to General discussion