The Basic Army Special Rules

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: The Basic Army Special Rules

Postby Hashuts Scion » Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 am

Matt wrote:
DarkbloodSkullpulper wrote:I'd add hatred of dwarves, though that may be unfair because dwarves don't get a chance to hate us back. Could that be added as another special rule, that Dwarves hate Chaos Dwarves. I'm not sure if it is kosher to change another army's special rules via something that isn't their army book...

On the Hate, go ahead, give them the hate. Dwarves hate orcs. Orcs... well, orcs just get smacked around. Dwarves don't hate chaos dwarves. They can't hate them, they erased them from history and pretend they don't exist. Chaos dwarves on the other hand, remember being left high and dry, abandoned and disowned. It sounds like a perfect reason to give Chaos dwarves hate, and not normal dwarves.
Dwarves do hate half your army, just not the "chaos dwarf" part.

-Matt

I agree with the idea of Hate normal type dwarves. I missed that completely. They were abandoned by their kin, and their pride prevents them from ever achieving anything close to mutual understanding. However, by simply making the slaves a generic unit called 'Rabble' instead of having units of greenskins allows a CD general to make them a different race when facing dwarves.
Hashuts Scion

Postby DarkbloodSkullpulper » Wed May 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Since rabble suffer from animosity anyway, I had been picturing them as a mix of greenskins: goblins, gnoblars, kobolds, and the occasional woebegone orc. I think it would make sense to officially label them as "greenskins", but note in the fluff that while Chaos Dwarf slaves can come from virtually any place on the globe, the vast majority of the rabble consists of goblinoid races, both because they are the most abundant fodder in the regions nearby and also because they are temperamentally well suited to tolerate a life of misery and cruelty. Any goblins in the mix of rabble have had their fear of elves beaten out of them.
DarkbloodSkullpulper

Postby Hashuts Scion » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Point for clarification:

How does Treacherous Gits interact with normal Orcs and Gobbos, and Gnoblars? Are they affected by animosity of hobs and vice versa?
Hashuts Scion

Previous

Return to General discussion