Short Animosity reflection

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Short Animosity reflection

Postby Voyager_3 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 am

I was wondering about Animosity. In O&G army there is a capability to quell it. Black Ork smacks his unit in order to pass failed Animosity test. I think, it could be fun to have it in Dwarfs of Chaos army. In the analogous to Black Ork manner, a Slaver leading the Hobgoblin (or Rabble) unit could quell the Animosity. It would be a good reason to put M3 dwarf into M4 unit. And, of course, the army would become more dwarfy and cruel! :orc thumb:
Voyager_3

Re: Short Animosity reflection

Postby Matt » Wed May 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Voyager_3 wrote:I was wondering about Animosity. In O&G army there is a capability to quell it. Black Ork smacks his unit in order to pass failed Animosity test. I think, it could be fun to have it in Dwarfs of Chaos army. In the analogous to Black Ork manner, a Slaver leading the Hobgoblin (or Rabble) unit could quell the Animosity. It would be a good reason to put M3 dwarf into M4 unit. And, of course, the army would become more dwarfy and cruel! :orc thumb:

Well, quelling animosity isn't all it's made out to be. More than once, I've had a unit panic off the table, because the Black Orc decided to Quell. WTF you say?
Block of orcs rolls a 1's for squabble. Black Orc big boss, inflicts D6 S5 hits on the unit. With slightly unlucky rolls, I take 5 or 6 losses. That's 25% of the unit, and I must take a panic test at the end of the phase. I re-roll the animosity test, and get a normal result. Phase ends, I roll panic and fail. Unit panics towards the nearest table edge, as per the rarely used rules on panic direction when the direct isn't clear.

It doesn't come up often, but I've seen it happen enough where I NEVER field black orcs in any unit that tests for animosity.

I think you want to take the slaver in the unit for the LD9. For fairly cheap, those 5 point bowmen can be Ld9 for panic tests, an you can be way out on the flank, far from the general.

-Matt
Matt

Re: Short Animosity reflection

Postby KevinC » Sat May 23, 2009 5:20 pm

Take Zhatan if you want to quell....
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Return to General discussion