Thoughts on V2

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Thoughts on V2

Postby Murdock » Wed May 27, 2009 3:12 pm

Ok, after playing a couple of games with the list and thinking about it for a while here
Murdock
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Ring87 » Wed May 27, 2009 3:51 pm

Corey is spot on. The biggest issue for me is the Magic phase. I think using the lores is for the best. I like the Daemonsmiths option as a kind of warrior priest. Plus the cool weapons as well.
Ring87
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby mattbird » Wed May 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks Corey! Feedback is much appreciated.

Big magic and daemoneater changes are being implemented for version 3, along with some other more minor stuff.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird
 
Posts: 5595
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Larro » Wed May 27, 2009 11:20 pm

A player that has never played against this list, shouldn
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
User avatar
Larro
 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Hashuts Scion » Thu May 28, 2009 8:56 pm

I also have played a game now and was not as happy with the magic phase as I could have been. It didn't help I faced a level 4 Mage Lord, and 3 level 2 mages, each with one dispel scroll. So, my empire friend had 12 Power Dice, and 7 dispel dice. I managed to get a spell of the Hashut lore twice until turn 4 when I started to kill his mages, but by then, the battle was against me. My DS did manage to get his spell off 3 times, but it just wasn't enough. On his turns, he outgunned me in the magic phase completely. Yes, I did have my moments, but it just wasn't enough dice for me. Luckily, I didn't roll a single one during my phases, not that it did me any good.

So, possible corrections: Increase the power level of the Hashut spells, give the DS a DD, make it easier for the army to have more items via banners.
Hashuts Scion
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby ZiggyQubert » Fri May 29, 2009 3:00 pm

??? you were playing vs 12 PD and 7 DD, and 3 scrolls, and you'r complaining that you only got a few spells off??????

Most decent magic armies are lucky to get 1 spell off in that time against that
:spacesharks: :Hamelin: :Lilith: Brookie
User avatar
ZiggyQubert
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1796
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Murdock » Fri May 29, 2009 4:53 pm

In one game a I played a Altar/WP/L2/L2 and Stank Empire army. And I went fairly heavy magic, obviously I was held down for the most part, but did manage to get a few spells off. For what it's worth, I did win the game, although I misplayed the Juggernaut rules allowing it to march :oops:

I also tied against a WoC army, using a no magic, fighty list led by a Slavelord on Great Taurus.

I've been thinking a little bit about Demoneaters, I think they should swap the rare/special slot with Inferno Golems, making them more valuable. I'd also increase the potency/cost of the Earthshaker, maybe making the area of effect for movement reduction using the 5" template. Really the max of Demoneaters I'd like to see in a CD army is 2, and if it's competing with an Earthshaker, then that makes it a tough choice.
Murdock
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Hashuts Scion » Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 pm

ZiggyQubert wrote:??? you were playing vs 12 PD and 7 DD, and 3 scrolls, and you'r complaining that you only got a few spells off??????

Most decent magic armies are lucky to get 1 spell off in that time against that


I am not complaining. I was pointing out the potential of maxing out magic, which my opponent did in a 2000 pt game, and I did as well. I was overmatched. THAT was the point I was making. :!: There is no way I can match magic vs magic; If that is the intent of this list, so be it. I have no problems. But, as this is a playtest version, I was trying to give feedback about my loss. Next time, I'll go max magic heavy and go against a more balanced list (my friends are willing to do this so we can get various feedback loops going) and see how that comes out.
Hashuts Scion
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Larro » Fri May 29, 2009 11:47 pm

Murdock wrote:I've been thinking a little bit about Demoneaters, I think they should swap the rare/special slot with Inferno Golems, making them more valuable. I'd also increase the potency/cost of the Earthshaker, maybe making the area of effect for movement reduction using the 5" template. Really the max of Demoneaters I'd like to see in a CD army is 2, and if it's competing with an Earthshaker, then that makes it a tough choice.


Agree 100% on Demoneaters possibly staying potent yet moving to Rare, Golems moving to Special (and NOT sucking giant balls), AND the Earthshaker also not sucking.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
User avatar
Larro
 
Posts: 3296
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:52 pm

Re: Thoughts on V2

Postby Dedwrekka » Sat May 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Larro wrote:
Murdock wrote:I've been thinking a little bit about Demoneaters, I think they should swap the rare/special slot with Inferno Golems, making them more valuable. I'd also increase the potency/cost of the Earthshaker, maybe making the area of effect for movement reduction using the 5" template. Really the max of Demoneaters I'd like to see in a CD army is 2, and if it's competing with an Earthshaker, then that makes it a tough choice.


Agree 100% on Demoneaters possibly staying potent yet moving to Rare, Golems moving to Special (and NOT sucking giant balls), AND the Earthshaker also not sucking.

- Larry

The Earthshaker sucks? What list are you reading?
Dedwrekka
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:46 am

Next

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron