Yet another V2 feedback thread.

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Yet another V2 feedback thread.

Postby wallacer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:15 pm

Played a 6,000 point legendary battles game with CD using the V2 list yesterday.
Below is some reflections I have after using it. A lot of them are things I would like changed, but don't let that fool you, I actually thought the list was great for the most part.

Gift from Darkness - ideally I would like to see the extra 2 dispel dice removed as these were basically just a game mechanic to compensate regular Dwarfs for their lack of normal wizards, and replace the extra 2 dispel dice with the option to take Hobgoblin shamans to fill the role of lower level spell casters.

Blunderbuss - would be good if it could be clarified a bit how this works as a stand and shoot reaction. for example, is it only the front rank of the charing unit that gets hit when moving into charge range (I would say so according to RAW).

Obsidian Guard - I killed a Dwarf lord on shield bearers with these guys so they are certainly plenty hurty. Not too sure about the fear rule on a unit that costs so much it will probably never outnumber anyone. Perhaps get rid of fear and just leave them with ITP? The points drop would help make them more viable as well.

Inferno golems - not really sold on the construct weapons as they are all very close range. In reality you'll probably only get one shot off with them if that. I also found in combat that they lacked hurting power against T4 troops. For 65 points maybe drop the Magic weapon rule and bump then to S6 (or S4 with great weapons)?

Juggernaut siege tower - Nice idea, but will anyone ever use it? I was playing a 6,000 point army and I didn't even consider taking one (although I certainly would in a siege game).

Lammasu - had a lot of fun with this guy. Only real criticism is that he is a tad vulnerable without an armour save.

High priest - good, but limited due to being the only available magic user option. As mentioned above I would like the list to include Hobgoblin Shamans as well.

Slavemasters - I fielded 5 of them and they all did well for themselves.

Daemonsmith - I took one with a magic great weapon and used him as a Chariot killer. A good hero, although in smaller games I don't think I would take one over a slavemaster.

Hobgoblins - These guys did alright, although as they seem to be a fairly disposable unit I'm not sure i'd take them over rabble for a smaller game. I do like the option of being able to field a Hobgoblin army though so like them being in the list.

Rabble - great fodder, but I really don't get the Run fer it! rule at all. Why would they cause random hits when running away but no other unit in Warhammer does? I'd like to see that special rule dropped. I also don't get the bit about equipping an entire unit with certain types of weaponry for a flat points cost. Shouldn't that be a per-model cost?

Bull Centaurs - this one was a bit odd. I couldn't understand why one of the supposed elites of CD society would not get either Chaos armour or a magic banner when regular CD warriors can. I'd like it to be changed to default heavy armour with a Chaos Armour upgrade option and a magic banner option.

Daemoneaters - tremendous. They change CD from being an anvil army to having some hammer potential, which adds some interesting tactical options. Mine did really well when supported by a ranked unit.

Magic items - I didn't actually use any but none of them seem broken or exploitable at first glance.
wallacer

Re: Yet another V2 feedback thread.

Postby Dedwrekka » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:15 pm

wallacer wrote:Rabble - great fodder, but I really don't get the Run fer it! rule at all. Why would they cause random hits when running away but no other unit in Warhammer does? I'd like to see that special rule dropped.
Squig Herds have the same rule
Dedwrekka

Re: Yet another V2 feedback thread.

Postby wallacer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:31 pm

Fair point, they do, but Squigs are a fairly unique unit.
Just don't see the point of that rule for rabble units (wouldn't most troops in Warhammer take a swing at someone who got in their way while trying to flee?).
wallacer

Return to General discussion