Thoughts on V3

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Thoughts on V3

Postby Guy In Suit » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Border Reiver wrote: Blunderbusses point for point aren't as good as Ogres.

Multiwound, high movement models are the blunderbusses weakness. No surprises here, rock beats scissors.

Do a point to point comparison against High elf Spearmen. The blunders will absolutely annihilate them. More than half the elves wouldn't even make combat.

If your going to take the (flawed) path of comparison based on points of opposing units, at least be somewhat genuine about it.

The new blunders are incredibly useful. You don't have to make silly reforms and maneuvers to get the proper fire zone, which was always silly to me. A shield or chaos armour option could also be included to add flexibility, but shouldn't be free for sure.
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Border Reiver » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:20 pm

I will use the rules for the Annihilators because that's what you're asking to be playtested. I was voicing an objection that the points value for the unit needs to be bumped up. You've heard me, I'll shut up about it.

I'm going to try to arrange a game against a different army than what I've faced already to get the broadest possible range of opponents. So far, I've faced HE, Lizards, Clas Eshin Skaven, Empire and O&G. I'm going to try for one of the chaos flavours, there seems to be a dearth of testing against those.
Border Reiver

Postby Urgat » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:39 am

mattbird wrote:
Urgat

Postby decker_cky » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 pm

decker_cky

Postby Matt » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:55 pm

decker_cky wrote:I also feel that even though they're considered risky, there should be the option of black orcs. An option as a rare unit would cover them. "Although their rebellious nature makes them a risk, many slavers consider the industrious black orcs to be indispensable."

Including Black Orcs is the most surefire way to make every other infantry unit look better.

-Matt
Matt

Postby mattbird » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:14 am

decker_cky wrote:
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby decker_cky » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 pm

Matt wrote:
decker_cky wrote:I also feel that even though they're considered risky, there should be the option of black orcs. An option as a rare unit would cover them. "Although their rebellious nature makes them a risk, many slavers consider the industrious black orcs to be indispensable."

Including Black Orcs is the most surefire way to make every other infantry unit look better.

-Matt

But much like the hellcannon, it's a choice established by other armies which belongs by fluff, so can just be copy/pasted. It's easy to include them without worrying about balance because they aren't a great unit.

thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the boards!

Thanks. CD have always been an army that interested me so it's great to see someone lavishing them with the attention they deserve.

You will be very pleased at our resolution of the Black Orc question, but will have to wait til Sept 1 to see what it is. ;)

I'm glad it's being looked at. I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of your solution. ;)

edit: Just one further thought on including Orcs as a part of rabble. You could make Rabble Orcs and Rabble Goblins two separate units, then just give them both the "Run Fer it!" rule and even use the same entry on page 11 to describe them.
decker_cky

Previous

Return to General discussion