Dwarfs of Chaos featured on Bad Dice podcast

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Dwarfs of Chaos featured on Bad Dice podcast

Postby elrodogg » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:40 pm

Larro wrote:And I didn't listen to the podcast.

Wow. Talk about an epic thread-jack.
Fast, like kittens with jetpacks.
elrodogg

Postby WickerNipple » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:02 pm

Ronen Warrior wrote:Wow. Talk about an epic thread-jack.

Please don't troll this comp/painting score thread.
WickerNipple

Postby Arash » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:21 pm

This thread is infuriating.

By which I mean, Larry is annoying.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby Larro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:15 pm

Fair enough, but I don't care so much if I annoy so long as I am right. And when it comes to debunking Birdoff's lunacy re: BoC as a supposed top book, I am 100% right. They're a middle pack book. Anyone claiming that in their current state they're more than this is either being intentionally argumentative, or has a poor grasp of the current affairs of tournament Warhammer.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Arash » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:23 pm

I'm not sure how posting about your comp and painting scores, again, shows any of that.

I am however sure you will put forth an argument with CAPS THAT SHOW EMPHASIS, in no time however.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby Larro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:11 pm

Explain to me how the progression of the conversation is somehow unreasonable:

(1) Birdoff says BoC are a top book.

(2) I say otherwise, listing all the books that are clearly ahead of BoC, and the others which at the very least can be validly argued as better than BoC.

(3) Birdoff says that he stands by his position, but gives no reason as to why, and doesn't even attempt to dispute which of the aforementioned books, if any, are worse than BoC. Moreover, he makes a snide comment about how my "greatness" is the reason I did well with them.

(4) Person Who Only Wins Games With Vampires (tm) then replies about how he also thinks BoC are amazing, failing to account for their obvious shortcomings in LD and lack of static res, which makes it amazingly difficult for the army to perform consistently and at the top vs. the other abundant, competitive lists in the tournament scene today. He then also has the audacity to proclaim 10 dice = a shit ton, once again furthering the point that his opinion is fairly inaccurate, particlarly by today's standards.

(5) I *reply* to the aforementioned statement that 10 dice is a shit ton. Notice that Weakland first declared this the case, and he was the one who first brought up my list in particular. "Minotaurs, Chariots, and a shit-ton of Magic..."

(6) Andy then felt we were talking about comp score bitterness, when I wasn't talking about Colonial at all. I try to re-affirm this point that my position is that Birdoff's remarks about BoC are off-base, and that as he's one of the people designing this CD rehaul, it troubles me that he actually believes this.

(7) Ronen makes a remark about my Comp, failing to pay attention to the fact that again, I'm responding to Comp nonsense and still haven't brought up Colonial yet. Birdoff and Weakland find it easier to hop on their tried and true method of arguing with me; i.e. arguing about something else, since they have nothing of substance to say in rebuttal.

(8) Once again, I try to refocus the conversation on the fact that Birdoff is off-base with his BoC position, and that as someone who is working on an Indy GT book for tournament play, he should at least have some accurate concept of what's what in the current tournament scene.

(9) Birdoff childishly shows Overlord standings for no purpose other than to annoy me.

(10) I, for the first time, mention anything about my Colonial scores. Last post on Page 3.

Now, if you've read this thread and honestly came away with the thought that from my initial post I was focusing on my Comp and/or Painting scoring at Colonial and not on Birdoff's inaccurate view of the BoC book and what I personally think it means re: this Chaos Dwarf project, then I submit it's your own willingness to find anything in my posts that appear self-serving, however off base it may be, for your own argumentative purposes. Not once did anyone even attempt to dispute my statements about BoC being firmly entrenched behind 6-8 other books, and I can only conclude that it's because deep down, you're hard-pressed to argue the other way.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby allanmcnab » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:12 pm

I love this thread, I am going to hijack all threads with comp/paint whining so that they can be more like this one. :lol:

Shit I just looked around and most of them already are :(
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

10 dice is a shit-ton of magic. :orcsslobber:
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby WickerNipple » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:35 pm

allanmcnab wrote:I love this thread, I am going to hijack all threads with comp/paint whining so that they can be more like this one. :lol:

Very original.
WickerNipple

Postby allanmcnab » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:07 pm

WickerNipple wrote:
allanmcnab wrote:I love this thread, I am going to hijack all threads with comp/paint whining so that they can be more like this one. :lol:

Very original.

:oops: can't all be winners :oops:
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion