Dwarfs of Chaos featured on Bad Dice podcast

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: Dwarfs of Chaos featured on Bad Dice podcast

Postby Arash » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:46 pm

You forgot-

0) In a thread on the playtesting forum about a podcast the designers did about the army a person who has neither playtested the book nor even listened to the podcast talks about the BoC book. Why does he do this? Because something he heard that one of the designers said at one point, he wasn't actually there that necessitating he a)come into the club and actually play games and b) come to the bar afterward. He then used this statement to bring in a note of skepticism about what otherwise was a discussion of what was said in the podcast, and the feel that they want the army to have.

A point that derailed the discussion away from the actual point of the thread, which was mostly an informative affair, into drawn out bitterness.

Annoying.
واعظان کاین جلوه محراب و منبر میکنند چون بخلوت میروند، آن کار دیگر میکنند

حافظ
Arash

Postby mattbird » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Overlord standings:

1) 13 Arash Afghahi
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Guy In Suit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:58 pm

I actually just listened to this. Fun stuff!
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Postby Larro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:33 pm

While I understand your position that my comments might be better served in a different thread, it doesn't change the fact that Birdoff's view is off-base. I know you've played BoC a lot, and even if you were consciously trying to side with Birdoff, you'd be hard-pressed to make a legitimate argument to support his claim that BoC are a "top" book. I could easily put 6-7 books ahead of them without thinking about it, and probably another 2-3 if I wanted to. The fact that every time this argument crops up on other forums such as TWF, and BoC are regularly placed at the bottom by an overwhelming majority, including many tourney players in Europe, makes his statement all the more outlandish.

Honestly, I'm just wondering which books he thinks BoC are better than besides DOW, OKs, Dwarfs, and maybe RH CDs.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby mattbird » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:54 pm

Larro wrote:Honestly, I'm just wondering which books he thinks BoC are better than besides DOW, OKs, Dwarfs, and maybe RH CDs.

- Larry

I'm really just wondering how you liked our podcast.
mattbird

Postby Ring87 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:04 pm

1.The Podcast was great.

2. A player's army is not completely defined by the "subjective" power level of his army book. But more by his choices to take all the best stuff. I.e The B.o.C book in general vs what Larry took in his army. The truth is in the middle.

3. Scoring at the Colonial was what it was.

4. Arn't Beast getting a new book? If so does all this matter.
Ring87

Postby Larro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:05 pm

I asked first, though I'll play your game and answer first. :roll:

No, I did not like it. Nothing against you guys, considering I think you and Kevin added something to an otherwise painful broadcast, though I'll admit that I envy all their talking about GT Heats and things like that, which I think we could benefit from in the US. And yes I listened to the entire thing.

I'll say that the part about Nidal not finishing the Gnoblars is awesome however.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

Larro

Postby mattbird » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:21 pm

Thanks Brian!
mattbird

Postby Larro » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:37 pm

Brian, no offense, but you're missing the point. I was never talking about books on the whole, I'm talking specifically about tournament builds within those books. When I rank armies, as when most people rank armies, they're talking about for tournament play. BoC tournament builds are still behind the other books I mentioned. DL, VC, LM, DE, HE, Empire, Skaven are all hands-down better than BoC. WoC are at least as good, as are TKs, WEs and Bretts. The only armies you can legitimately say are "worse" are Dwarfs, OKs, and DOW. Everything else is arguably better than BoC, and in many cases, there's not even a reasonable question.

- Larry

Larro

Postby Garrett » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:54 am

I'm not entirely sure if Empire tourney builds, aside from walter/twin stank, are better than BoC tourney builds, but for the most part I agree. The book really just suffers from age at this point, it got hurt moving to the new edition and hasn't improved with time.
Garrett

PreviousNext

Return to General discussion