Hexacons?

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Hexacons?

Postby Ring87 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:58 am

I see people are taking multiples. It does not say that you can have more than one in the army under it's listing. Is that right?
So without the High Priest the best you can do is 5 dispel dice and 1 Hexacon?
Last edited by Ring87 on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ring87

Re: Hexacons?

Postby Bleyden » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:39 am

I think personally it should be like a dispell scroll.

Also when it comes to magic defence you can have Firestones on all your characters (MR2) and give someone the Helm (+1DD).

The CD dont have much magic defence but at 2000 points only the maxed out magic lists should get past 6 DD and some hexxacons (4+HP+Helm). Thats the magic defense of a Lvl4 +2Lvl2s which is a pretty magic heavy list.
Bleyden

Postby Ring87 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 am

Yeah, 7 Dispel Dice+MR+Scrolls and Hexacons is great. The high magic build is too good for my taste at the moment. Tk Dwarves with St 5 Flaming Magic missles???? +Blunders and Warmachines....
Ring87

Postby mattbird » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:05 am

hexacon is not available as duplicates, just 1.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:28 pm

Ring87 wrote:Yeah, 7 Dispel Dice+MR+Scrolls and Hexacons is great. The high magic build is too good for my taste at the moment. Tk Dwarves with St 5 Flaming Magic missles???? +Blunders and Warmachines....

Go back to the dice system, keep the Lores of Magic, and give them a true magic item list...that's all they need. This Bound phase is becoming a ridiculous hassle, with far too many people screaming that it's either OTT or underpowered. No one seems to think it's fine as-is, and we've been discussing it for months now. I'd say abandon this entirely, consider it a noble yet failed attempt, and return to the standard phase of old to avoid future confusion and excessive bitching.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby Border Reiver » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Actually, I do think that the magic phase as intended is pretty good - the magma Tide and Doomroar spell need a little tweaking, but in general the phase is not OTT and can give good results for the CD general.
Border Reiver

Postby KevinC » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:30 pm

I'd say abandon this entirely, consider it a noble yet failed attempt, and return to the standard phase of old to avoid future confusion and excessive bitching

------------It's going to get an overhaul for version 3. Bascially, the really powerful spells are going to be toned downed, there will not be access to so many bound spell magic items and power levels are going on. Daemonsmiths may have to buy their spells. There are many ways to do it, but I think this can still work if done right.

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby Hashuts Scion » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:33 pm

So, if we return to the old system without further playtesting, look at what we have:

Empire: 8 lores of magic, plus priest
HE: 8 lores + High
DE: DM or choice of Fire, Shadow, Metal, or Death
WoC: 3 demonic (marked) or choice of Death, Fire, Shadow, heavens (unmarked), plus gifts
BoC: 3 demonic (marked)+ choice of Beasts, Death, Shadow (unmarked), plus gifts
DoC: 3 demonic (marked), + choice of fire, death, metal, shadow (unmarked), plus gifts
Dwarves: Runes
Brits:
TK: Incantations that all characters can use
VC: Necromancy
OK: Gut
Rats: Skaven
Lizzies: 8 lores, plus specials
O&G: Little and Big Waaagh
WE: spites, kindred, and fey magic

We will have Fire, Shadow, Metal, and Death and going back to 2DD. We lose a unique spell list, 4 DD, must generate PD and DD by buying magical characters (2 lvl 1-2 or 1 HP) just to get back to 4 DD. BUT everyone else has MORE!. What will set apart the CDs from all the other lists? I think each and every army is unique. True, some play better than others, but take any army and I can name 3-6 things that set them apart from every other army (including the chaos armies).

HOw many games have we played using this new system? It's been out for how long? I remember each time a new army comes out, I get loads of comments from loyalists to enemies of that army about what GW did to break/fix the problems. And that is just from looking the book over at the store. They have yet to play it. Don't get me wrong, I want to improve CDs. I want them to be unique. But I am not sure if anyone has the authority to back up their data with only a few games under their belt, because it HAS changed.

I will agree with Larry that we need more magic items. But, I don't think we've reached the point where it is definate that this new system is worthless. Each version of the various army books changes a spell here, an item there, the default spell, and so on. No opponent I have played with yet has told me flat out that the new system is broken or OTT. That may be because I don't use the move spell on the same unit 4 times each phase (a unit can only be affected once was assumed because that's how it works in all other armies). So, PLEASE tell me the advantages of going back to the old system and I more than likely will tell you a disadvantage for each point you bring up. Of course, I could be wrong, but I am willing to admit it.
Hashuts Scion

Postby KevinC » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:53 pm

PLEASE tell me the advantages of going back to the old system

-------I do not want to go back to the old system (i.e. meaning regular magic) and have no intention of doing so.
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby method » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:15 pm

good, i like the magic system..
method

Next

Return to General discussion