Postby mattbird » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:29 pm

Larro wrote: No one seems to think it's fine as-is,

- Larry

I do.
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Re: Hexacons?

Postby allanmcnab » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Doesn't bother me either. Of course i know that I'm just a hack, not a warhammer god like larro. Like the chariots it needs some work, but its mostly ok with me. Have you gotton any feedback from york/aaron/corey?
"I like Weakland because he cries when I fuck him" Pete, at the conflict.
allanmcnab

Postby Larro » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:32 pm

method wrote:good, i like the magic system..

Yeah? Let's see if you like it once the anti-competition squad gets done with it:

It's going to get an overhaul for version 3. Bascially, the really powerful spells are going to be toned downed, there will not be access to so many bound spell magic items and power levels are going on. Daemonsmiths may have to buy their spells. There are many ways to do it, but I think this can still work if done right.

You'll be begging for a good ole' dice phase once you lose some bound spell access, cast at lower power levels, and have to pay more points on a Demonsmith (who I'm also sure is going to go up in points, because heaven forbid anything be cheap) to buy your spells.

Keep things in perspective, and read between the not-so-veiled lines. People are far too discriminatory against Magic phases, but refuse to make the other phases any better - then they question why people gravitate towards Magic. The list is full of M3, mostly overpriced buggers, with short-ranged and also-pricey shooting. Their troops barely fight outside of the "special" ones which you predictably charge more for, and now when push comes to shove, you're shitting on their Magic phase.

As much as people hated the RH book, I'm pretty sure the RH CD book could compete in a GT environment if it wasn't played by total ass-hats. With the way the winds of change seem to be blowing for V4, I'm not so sure new CDs will be able to. What's more upsetting to me is that the game designer's don't seem to care.

- Larry
"Just being born means you've lost to Larro. Or haven't you gotten the memo yet?" - Nidal

"Larry was right. I know he never gets tired of hearing that." - Canterman
Larro

Postby method » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 am

well, if it gets really overpriced, and weaker then of course i suggest we go back to dice.

but right now, if a couple spells are reworked, (doomroar, magma tide) then i could see the magic work just fine.
i think the proble people are gonna have is their "magic" would in effect be a second shooting phase, which lends itself to the gunline mentality.. but that is ok because the army itself doesnt have lots of midrange shooting. other armies dont do it, but also would take the magic missle spell every game, if they could....
otherwise, their magic is priced CORRECTLY as is. to boost the cost would be a mistake
method

Previous

Return to General discussion