Hellcannon has a ward save!

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Hellcannon has a ward save!

Postby Hashuts Scion » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:09 pm

All,

unless the WD#355 is wrong, the HC still has a ward save of 5+. In the article "Warhammer Tactica: The Machines of War", page 55, 2nd column, 2 paragraph, last sentence states, "Oh,and it's got a 5+ ward save". So, I am assuming that they still consider it to be a demon, and thus gets a ward save that is common to ALL demons. Thus, our daemonic engines have just got a little bit tougher.
Hashuts Scion

Re: Hellcannon has a ward save!

Postby Border Reiver » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:30 pm

The WD wasn't wrong at the time, but it has been superceded by the WoC book.

I'm ambivalent about making all warmachines daemonic and rampaging. The older fluff, both from the original Ravening Hordes (1987) and the 4th/5th ed Army book indicates that the Dawi Zharr use conventional, if somewhat unstable weapons. The Death Rocket and the earlier rocket launcher are rockets with an explosive head,fueled by the chemicals found in their empire. The eathshker fires a "huge shell, packed with explosives." No mention of daemons.

The only mention of daemonic engines comes from the book Grudgebearer, where it appears that the priests of Hashut are awakening some daemonic engines (including the Kolossus), the original Storm of Chaos book where the Dawi Zharr sold archaeon the hellcannons, and the BL book Knight of the Realm . Which would lead me to conclude that the binding of daemons is a recent thing for the Dawi Zharr, and has not spread to everything yet. My preference would be to keep the earthshaker, deathrocket, eruption gun as conventional weapons. The Daemoneater, kolossus, hell cannon, and maybe the inferno golems could be made into daemonic warmachines, as they are "new"
Border Reiver

Postby Hashuts Scion » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Border Reiver wrote:The WD wasn't wrong at the time, but it has been superceded by the WoC book.

I'm ambivalent about making all warmachines daemonic and rampaging. The older fluff, both from the original Ravening Hordes (1987) and the 4th/5th ed Army book indicates that the Dawi Zharr use conventional, if somewhat unstable weapons. The Death Rocket and the earlier rocket launcher are rockets with an explosive head,fueled by the chemicals found in their empire. The eathshker fires a "huge shell, packed with explosives." No mention of daemons.

The only mention of daemonic engines comes from the book Grudgebearer, where it appears that the priests of Hashut are awakening some daemonic engines (including the Kolossus), the original Storm of Chaos book where the Dawi Zharr sold archaeon the hellcannons, and the BL book Knight of the Realm . Which would lead me to conclude that the binding of daemons is a recent thing for the Dawi Zharr, and has not spread to everything yet. My preference would be to keep the earthshaker, deathrocket, eruption gun as conventional weapons. The Daemoneater, kolossus, hell cannon, and maybe the inferno golems could be made into daemonic warmachines, as they are "new"

Issue 355 is the NEW issue, August 2009, so it is not superceded. The author may have it wrong, but it is the newest bit of info.

You are correct in the idea of daemonic engines being new, taking the idea of the HC and running with it. But then so was the Lore of Hashut, the Obsidian Guard, the daemoneaters, the golems, and so on. And we have changed what was original, so...
Hashuts Scion

Postby WickerNipple » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:38 pm

Pretty easy to just open up the WoC book and see that, no... the Hellcannon does not have a ward save.

Clueless WD writers are poor sources of info.
WickerNipple

Postby Matt » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:46 pm

Hell Cannon sales must have dropped.

-Matt
Matt

Return to General discussion