V4 Daemonic Engines feedback HERE!

Moderators: KevinC, mattbird

Re: V4 Daemonic Engines feedback HERE!

Postby mattbird » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:01 am

Not quite, unit can move with speed of its slowest member. So as long as 1 crew is alive i can only charge 6".

It can only move at the slowest speed, it can CHARGE at the highest. It was clarified in the Warriors of Chaos FAQ.

no2, they have ward save...

who has a ward save?
jer732 wrote:Birdoff makes me want to rage quit life
mattbird

Postby Hashuts Scion » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 am

Been on vacation, so haven't had chance to chime in on many things.

On the Daemonic Engines themselves, it seems most of the concerns have been addressed. I still feel the ES needs an extra wound and +1 A (Put all into a chart and these seem to jump out when you compare the EG, DR, ES and HC). Also, the EG needs to have handlers (less special rules, picture has a handler).

Final point, the Kollosus Daemon Engine is called a Daemon Engine. So, do the special rules for Daemonic Engines apply to it as well? This can be confusing. Since most of us are using the old juggernaut model, should there be a sentence included to mention about the poor bc encased within? He doesn't have stats because he just steers and is killed when the machine dies?

And clarify whether daemonic warmachines have ward saves!!!
Hashuts Scion

Postby mattbird » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:51 am

- EG doesn't have handlers based on the actual old OOP models. It also helps the battle line look tidier, and further differentiates the war machines.

- agree on Kollosus, needs some clarification

- they DO NOT HAVE WARD SAVES! The hellcannon used to, but they took it away in the current Mortals book. So NO! No ward saves. :)
mattbird

Postby KevinC » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:56 am

Final point, the Kollosus Daemon Engine is called a Daemon Engine. So, do the special rules for Daemonic Engines apply to it as well? This can be confusing

-------------This is not so, Hashuts I think you have been reading the wrong list, because a lot of your concerns are simply not so in the latest version of the list.

Cheers,

Kevin out
Common Goblins iz da best!!

Check out my Gobbos at:http://z3.invisionfree.com/Orc__Goblin_Warpath/index.php?showtopic=28856

'I am the son of Aenarion, and where my blade falls, death follows.'
- Malekith, Prince of Nagarythe
KevinC

Postby mikkjel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:00 am

As far as taking the machines out with shooting/magic, its not really considerably easier, seeing that you normally would just kill the crew. I would think of adding some extra benefits for the enemy if they actually manage to take out the crew.
mikkjel

Postby Hashuts Scion » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:04 am

If there are specific issues addressed in other FAQ's that can affect our army, they should be clearly spelled out. If there is a copyright issue, then either credit it, or tell others where it is found.

Not trying to be nit-picky, but I believe the less there is to open interpretation, the better
Hashuts Scion

Postby mattbird » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:08 am

I think we'll do a full "FAQ-ish" page to address all the potential issues
mattbird

Previous

Return to General discussion