New To NYC Gaming

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

New To NYC Gaming

Postby gelf29 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Hi everybody,

I just graduated from college and moved to the big city to "get a real job" and become a "responsible adult." I've been a life-long gamer, but I'm having a hard time finding a place to play in NYC. I ran across this site and was hoping somebody here could point me in the right direction. Specifically, I'm looking to play 40k, Warmachine and AT-43, I've also dabbled in Flames of War but don't have my own army. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Jake
gelf29

Re: New To NYC Gaming

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm

We might well be the place just for you then.

We're located at:
The Compleat Strategist
11 East 33 Street (between Madison and 5th Ave)
New York, NY
Tel: (212) 685-3880

Open gaming is pretty much anytime on Thursday with $5 dues a night. Realistically people start showing up around 5, but you can often arrange a game earlier online. Store closes at nine and there's often a large group headed to the pub after.

The club is mostly Fantasy and 40k. There are some regular Warmachine players but I'm not certain of their schedule.
WickerNipple

Postby steve » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:11 pm

Though a quick check of the Other games forum reveals the Warmachiners are having a tournament on Jan 30th. There usually is a contingent on most Thursdays. Sometimes more than 40Kers :D
steve
steve

Postby gelf29 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:40 pm

Thank you both for your quick replies. I'll definitely check out Complete Strategist tomorrow after work.
Jake
gelf29

Postby WickerNipple » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:28 pm

We're down in the basement. The guy at the front counter can tell you how to get there.

Don't be shy!
WickerNipple

Postby VectorAWX3 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Yeah.. introduce yourself. People who come down the first time often don't say hello, then tell us they showed up the next day on the boards, and we're like "Huh?" We're a loud yet friendly lot. :)
Jaghatai, on the Pale Rider event: I hop on this board to post a simple NEWCC question, end up looking at some interacial lesbian action and watch a religious meltdown. You guys know how to party!
VectorAWX3

Postby siridar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:44 pm

The Compleat Strategist is your best bet for 40k and Warmachine, but there are others who can speak to the Warhammer side of things. I'm one of the Warmachine players and we try to meet every Thursday. Usually there's someone who might be up for a game on a Saturday, but that takes some setting up.
Check my signature for more info on Warmachine going's on in the NYC area.

For AT-43 there's the Dread Pirate's of NY who operate out of Josie Wood's Pub. It's near NYU a block from 8th street and Broadway.

Josie Wood's Pub
11 Waverly Place
New York, NY 10013
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.
siridar

Return to Warmonger Club