Hello again Warmongers

General club news, events, questions, introductions and suchwot.

Hello again Warmongers

Postby Gannon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey there NYC, I used to be on the old forums as SgtPDP, but I haven't been on in years. So I decided to register again and get stuck in with some good conversation.

A little about myself:
I used to be in the Marine Corps and was initally introduced to the WM's was through Tsukudaman (sad panda). I've only been able to play at the Strat one time, back in 2002 when I was in the city for a visit. It seemed like a great place. I got out and decided to stay here in Japan for a while longer as a Civilian. I'm married with no kids, which is a good thing, because there's no way I'd be able to afford the plastic crack if I did have children. 40k is my passion and I generally live, breathe, and dream 40k. I've tried other games such as Battletech, Warmachine, D&D, and Magic, but 40K always draws me back in.

Up until a few years ago I was an army jumper. I've built (and not painted) probably upwards to 20 armies in the 11 years I've been in the hobby. My first was Tyranids. I got these from Chris after trying my hand as playing Skaven in WFB. I played one game with them and the rest was history. Since then I've had an army for every race in the 40k universe except Daemons. When I heard news that the new Ork Codex was coming out I made what I called the Ork Vow. Once the new codex came out I would sell off all my old armies and start anew. At the time I had a few different armies and they all went up on the selling block. I was able to trade a large lot of stuff and get cash/models to start my Ork Horde.

My current projects include:

:orc40k: Orks-Finished building and base colors, need touch ups and painting completions though. :orc40k:
:sisters: Sisters of Battle-Finished building, need painting though (these were supposed to be for my wife...) :sisters:
:chaosmarine: Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion-All in MK 6 or before armor. Bits needed. Sculpting MK 4 legs. :chaosmarine:

And the biggest project and my main one for this year:

:ultra: Ultramarines 5th Company :ultra:

Last year I received a huge lot of Space Marines still in box for Christmas from a good friend Eric Turner. He was going to start 40k about 6 years ago, and bought everything to get started, but never did. So he found the box in his storage and decided to put it to use. I didn't know what to do with it all and had considered just selling it off when a friend suggested making a club army. I figured it wasn't a bad idea so I gave it a shot. I'll post more about this in the 40k sub-forum, so stay tuned.

Well I think I've gabbed enough, I just meant to drop in and say Hi, but ended up writing a book. It's good to be back Mongers, hope to see more of you on the forums!

Rgds,
Gannon
Gannon

Re: Hello again Warmongers

Postby Emperors Reckoning » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:50 pm

Welcome, Gannon. Thursday night is game night at the Strat. We'll be happy to see you!
Emperors Reckoning

Postby Gannon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 pm

Ah unfortunately (or fortunately) I'm still located in Japan. Representing the Far East here!
Gannon

Postby Guy In Suit » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:34 am

Whatever, we went to Hong Kong last year to play with a former 'Monger. No excuses!
2014: 91/52
Guy In Suit

Return to Warmonger Club